Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify <-> Shazam integration is complete nonsense now

Solved!

Spotify <-> Shazam integration is complete nonsense now

Edit: This has been fixed now! 

Shazam won't listen to any of my tweets, so please, please listen: you guys need to work with Shazam to fix the integration between Spotify for iOS and Shazam. I have a lifetime subscription, so there used to be there was a green button to immediately open the track in Spotify, one step. Then it became two steps (under a menu). Now it is eight steps (Shazam track, hit play with Spotify button, bring up now playing menu, add to Spotify playlist, find the playlist, add the track, pop over to Spotify, bring up the list, scroll down to the end, tap the song, and bring up the artist or album menu). It's complete nonsense. I can't even directly pull up Spotify from the My Tags list.

If this is because of a contractual obligation, then by god, work on a new contract. This completely screws us over.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay, I figured it out, they change the procedure. All you have to do is tap the + icon and it will add to your Shazam list within Spotify. This might take some getting used to, but it's better than the long way around that I was trying.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I wonder if it had anything to do with Apple adding Shazam as the underlying song search engine for Siri? They may have add to drop Spotify to seal the deal with Apple. Just a guess. I agree, Shazam is not as useful now.

Marked as solution

Go to link below, restore your "My Shazam Tracks" in Spotify and it will work again, at least it did for me.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/recover-playlists/

Marked as solution

This has been fixed since the original post. I'm updating my original post to reflect this.

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Okay, I figured it out, they change the procedure. All you have to do is tap the + icon and it will add to your Shazam list within Spotify. This might take some getting used to, but it's better than the long way around that I was trying.

Nope, doesn't work as it should.

1. You can't add tracks to your favorites
2. It seems to work only 50% of the time (depending on what apps are active?).
3. If it works, the popup (added to playlist) pops over the menu item that you need to tick to add it (so UX wise it could be improved a lot)

Does anyone know an alternative with a better Spotify integration? I am about to leave Shazam since this is what I use Shazam for.....

This is just utter stupidity. Shazam has options to launch songs in all major music subscriptions except Spotify. Instead we can play from "within" Shazam, but it's clunky and cumbersome to add the track to "Songs".

I just checked my Shazam playlist and it's empty. When it worked it was great, then I spent  almost 2 hours adding songs manually, and now they are gone. This is crazy! I even tried to recover the playlist, but it doesn't even show there either. Anyone has this problem and find a fix???

I'm pretty sure that Spotify can't do anything about this and it is up to Shazam developers to use the SDK/API appropriately. I don't use Shazam myself so I'm not sure how the service is integrated, but I do know that Spotify has no involvement in the development of 3rd party apps.

I can't tell from your post what precisely you want to do, but it's very easy from the web API even to add a track to a playlist without launching it in now playing first. So if Shazam isn't doing this, that's on Shazam.

I'd like to find out how to recover this playlist.
Marked as solution

I wonder if it had anything to do with Apple adding Shazam as the underlying song search engine for Siri? They may have add to drop Spotify to seal the deal with Apple. Just a guess. I agree, Shazam is not as useful now.
Marked as solution

Go to link below, restore your "My Shazam Tracks" in Spotify and it will work again, at least it did for me.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/recover-playlists/

I was wrong about Apple, see solution below

In my case, I was following someone's else My Shazam Tracks playlist. I had to stop following that playlist, login again my spotify account on shazam to solve my problem.

It is even more utter nonsense now. I can't believe there are technical reasons to make this so complicated. Why I have to tap through myriad of screens to add song to my playlist? C'mon.

March 2017.

Did you find a solution?

Having the same issue. 

Seems to have just happened in the last week.

It's not the end of the world. There must be a legal reason behind it??

Marked as solution

This has been fixed since the original post. I'm updating my original post to reflect this.

hey guys, keep in mind that when you do the solution mentioned, it actually update the list but then stop automatically updating, it's a shazam issue without solving.

https://support.shazam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205139467--My-Shazam-Tracks-Spotify-playlist-issues

xoxo

Suggested posts