Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify mistakenly creates new offline device ids causing all downloads to be deleted

Spotify mistakenly creates new offline device ids causing all downloads to be deleted

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I've tried the suggestion from Spotify to delete all offline devices. You mention that a "filing error" causes duplicate offline devices to be created, eventually exceeding the limit which causes all downloads to be deleted on offline devices. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO ASSUME THAT USERS MUST REPEATEDLY RE_DOWNLOAD THE SAME SONGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Your fix works temporarily, until the duplicate list starts to grow again, which it does immediately in my case. From time to time, I switch from OFFLINE to ONLINE on my phone ( primarily because my last attempt to re-sync my downloaded songs took too long and I needed to switch the phone to OFFLINE mode before all the downloads were sync'd ). I used to work in software development, so I understand how things get fixed ( or not ). This is clearly a case where you guys don't understand the priority of the bug you introduced. This did not happen several months ago, so it was the result of long-term usage and program updates ( precisely the customers you would think you would not want to irritate ). I am running the latest IOS an an iPhone 6SE. I've spent enough time reading through the various online posts on this problem. YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX THIS!

0 Replies

Suggested posts