Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify mobile app not compatible with ipod touch 4th gen.

Spotify mobile app not compatible with ipod touch 4th gen.

Hello everyone, I've just ran into one of the most annoying issues in awhile.

So, I was having problems with songs on my queue playing but no sounds coming out. I decided to delete Spotify on my ipod touch 4th gen and attempted to redownload it. I was then met with an error basically saying that I needed to have ios 7 to be able to use the latest version of Spotify. Well, I can't do that since the highest ios my ipod is able to handle is ios 6.1.6. I tried deleting and redownloading Spotify on my laptop and ipod multiple times with no luck.

I remember a couple of weeks ago when I tried to redownload spotify again, I was given a prompt that said that It would automatically download the latest software that was compatible for my ipod. I'm not sure what happened with that, and if Spotify have since updated again. So basically what I'm asking is if there is anyway to redownload an older compatible version for my ipod 4th gen? Anyone have this issue? Thanks for the help in advance.

1 Reply

Ok, so I finally found out how to download and install a previous version of Spotify. What you do is go to settings on your ipod/iphone and log out of your itunes account. Then go to apps and search for "spotify". Proceed to download it and it will prompt you to log in. Once you are logged in, it should show that you can't download the latest version and if you would like to download a previous compatible version. I hope this helps anyone going through the same problem.

Suggested posts