Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify mobile not going online

Solved!

Spotify mobile not going online

Hey all. About two weeks ago spotify mobile (iOS 7.1.2) just stopped connecting to the internet. Any time I try to search for music or access radio it gives a black screen reading "An error occurred". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times.

Let me know if there's any more information I should provide. Any help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I don't know if Spotify is supported when you've jailbreak-ed your device. 

I think the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Spotify consumer team. 

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there, 

Welcome at the Spotify Community! 

Have you already to tried to logout and login afterwards? Sometimes something simple as this already fixes the problem.

When reinstalling, did you follow the steps from the link below? 

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Thanks!

Yeah, I followed those instructions and have logged out/logged in a few times. No change. I've tried everything I can think of beyond restoring my phone but I'm really loathe to do that (I don't want to lose my jailbreak and upgrade to iOS8).

Marked as solution

I don't know if Spotify is supported when you've jailbreak-ed your device. 

I think the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Spotify consumer team. 

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

It certainly is supported, I used it for about a month with no issues. I don't have twitter and I actually sent two emails but have received no response so far (sent the first one a week and a half ago). I did not reply to the confirmation email though, I will do so right now, thanks!

Suggested posts