Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify music starts playing after missed call?

Spotify music starts playing after missed call?

This is a really weird issue I have been having on and off for quite a long time:

I will be listening to music in my car for example, using the headphone jack.  I leave the car and I unplug the music, which pauses the music on spotify (the phone is locked). I walk into work,put my phone on the desk and work for a while.  I get a phone call, I am at work so I don't answer it, after the call goes to voicemail the spotify music just starts playing randomly.  This has happend multiple times and I can't seem to reproduce the issue.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it a bug in the software or am I crazy?  iPhone 6+ on the latest iOS.

5 Replies

Hi,

I have been having this issue as well and spotify really need to sort this out. Quite embarrassing when a music track starts playing half way through a meeting!

The issue is the same as yours where a track is on pause and the app is still running in the background.

The only resolution around this is to close the app down every time you stop listening to music. Which is not the best as you cannot pickup where you left off.

This issue happens all the time for me. Also when I close Siri, my music will start playing.

I'm having this exact same issue it's become really embarrassing since it usually happens at work.

If you aren't manually pausing the music you might try doing that, rather that having the device do it for you when you unplug it.

This has also begun to happen to me. And Kelsoloz is right, you have to manually pause the music instead of just pulling the headphones out. Otherwise this will keep happening. Seems like a bug since it never happened to me when I used to listen to music via the Apple Music app.

Suggested posts