Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not giving pop ups

Spotify not giving pop ups

Plan

Premium

Country

Usa

Device

iPhone 14

Operating System

iOS 16.1 currently updating to 16.2

My Question or Issue

Okay, so this has happened quite a few times. I can’t remember what I did to fix it in the past, but at this point I feel like I’ve tried everything.

Spotify seems to do this thing where it stops giving me pop ups. Like when I add a song to a playlist, it usually says “song has been added to ____ playlist” or when I like a song it says “song has been added to library”

It’s currently not doing that. All of the pop ups have gone away. When I try to delete a playlist it normally asks me to confirm or cancel. That pop up isn’t showing up so the playlist just won’t delete. If I add a song that’s already in the playlist it’ll give me a duplicate song prompt. That pop up also isn’t showing up. It’s just not adding the song and not doing anything.

I’m not sure what’s happening or why, but I’ve tried Powering off my phone and powering it on again. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify (which sucks cause all my downloads have to redownload now) 

I genuinely don’t know what to do and I’m frustrated because this randomly happens all the time.

Any suggestions? 

1 Reply

Hey @Kamry118,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

This is indeed an odd behavior, but no worries, let's take a closer look. In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind sharing with us the exact Spotify version you are running in the affected devices?

On another note, just to confirm, is this happening on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the device of a relative or a friend to open your account there and check. 

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts