Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working on iPhone

Spotify not working on iPhone

For the past couple of days (since updating) I've not been able to access spotify premium on my iPhone 4, whenever I try to opening it, it starts loading and then cuts back to iPhone menu. Even before the update I was having problems with tracks on my offline playlists stopping mid-song. I've deleted and re-installed and freed up extra space on my phone (currently have about 3gb of space) but no change.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?
3 Replies

I have the same exact problem.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3, approx 4 gb of free space.

When I start Spotity it shows up for a few seconds, then crashes. Have tried clearing cache and cookies and reinstalling but the problem persists.

I then tried installing Spotify for iOS 4, which works, but it has limited features and since I'm paying for Premium I want it to work.

Sorry to hear this. Reinstalling was a good move, thanks for trying it out.

As a test can you please try changing your phone's Region Format setting to US/UK and let us know how you get on.

If it continues, could you please provide your iPhone model and iOS version, Kyle4321?

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Robbie:

I now tried what you suggested and first changed my region to English/UK,  and then uninstalled spotify, cleared my Safari history and cache. Hard restarted my iPhone and then reinstalled Spotify. And now it launched as it should and I could play songs.

I then closed Spotify, changed back to region Sweden, and it still worked. Just to make sure I restarted the phone again, and after that Spotify started fine, and I could still play songs, so the trick seems to have worked.

I suppose it might have something to do which version you get from appstore according to which region is set on the phone?

Thank you for the quick response, and I will let you know if I experience any further problems after I've done some more testing.

Suggested posts