Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iphone mobile app background 3G data usage

Hi Can anyone confirm when the iphone spotify mobile app runs in the background (even when it is on pause) whether it still keeps on using up data? I've been seeing some alarmingly fast usage on my data limits recently and, having seen loads of compl...

• Music Fan
  • Hi Can anyone confirm when the iphone spotify mobile app runs in the background (even when it is on pause) whether it still keeps on using up data? I've been seeing some alarmingly fast usage on my...
  • Knight511
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove from available offline

Hi How do I remove the local file of a song which was made available for offline listening? (I want to keep the song in the play list but to "undo" available offline mode to release some space on my ipad)Thanks

• Hi How do I remove the local file of a song which was made available for offline listening? (I want to keep the song in the play list but to "undo" available offline mode to release some space on m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No more space!

Hi! I just realized my iPhone is getting full because of my Spotify account. I`ve reduced the number of offline playlist as I don`t use them, but it doesn`t give me anymore space? How do I do this? Right now I can`t even take photos with my iPhone as...

• Hi! I just realized my iPhone is getting full because of my Spotify account. I`ve reduced the number of offline playlist as I don`t use them, but it doesn`t give me anymore space? How do I do this? R...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to sync any songs for offline playlists on iPhone 5

My spotify account won't sync any of my music to be used offline. Even when I am comes text to wifi it just gets stuck on syncing the first songs so no others sync. I tried making a WHOLE new spotify account but I'm still have this problem. It's kill...

• My spotify account won't sync any of my music to be used offline. Even when I am comes text to wifi it just gets stuck on syncing the first songs so no others sync. I tried making a WHOLE new spotify...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify iPhone offline syncing issues - tracks sync then dissapear

I am using latest version of Spotify app, premium subscriber, on iPhone 3GS. I am only using it to sync Spotify tracks, no personal mp3s or anything. I have sync'd a bunch of playlists. Now, whenever I try and sync more, it will sync the 'new' tracks...

• Regular
  • I am using latest version of Spotify app, premium subscriber, on iPhone 3GS.   I am only using it to sync Spotify tracks, no personal mp3s or anything.   I have sync'd a bunch of playli...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify is hanging

Hi there, I'm using Spotify premium for a week and it is not working on my phone. Every song stops after a few seconds and goes ahead for another few seconds..It's really annoying Maybe some of you guys have the same problem?

• Visitor
  • Hi there, I'm using Spotify premium for a week and it is not working on my phone. Every song stops after a few seconds and goes ahead for another few seconds..It's really annoying Maybe some of you g...
  • k_goossens
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all my playlist!!

All my playlists and songs are gone. I have logged in via spotify U/N and facebook...even de-linked facebook per another suggested post. Any help here? Both my desktop and iphone are this way and my account profile shows I am a premium subscriber.

• All my playlists and songs are gone.  I have logged in via spotify U/N and facebook...even de-linked facebook per another suggested post.  Any help here?  Both my desktop and iphone ar...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New phone, no longer have premium?

Hi! I recently switched phones from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4S. My premium is no longer linked to my account. My premium purchase was on 4/21. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I recently switched phones from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4S. My premium is no longer linked to my account. My premium purchase was on 4/21. Help?
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify offline playlists

When trying to download my playlists for later on my ipod, the downloading quits after about 20-30 songs despite no change in my connection or playlists. Restarting the app and reconnecting to my WiFi still does not fix it. Any suggestions

• Casual Listener
  • When trying to download my playlists for later on my ipod, the downloading quits after about 20-30 songs despite no change in my connection or playlists. Restarting the app and reconnecting to my WiF...
  • Braxton87
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spoify stops when appleTv screen saves

I stream spotify from my iphone and ipad to my apple TV, but when the apple TV starts its screensaver the music stops, the airplay stops. I tried with itunes and the streaming don´t stop when apple tv screensaver starts. It must be a bug och somethin...

• I stream spotify from my iphone and ipad to my apple TV, but when the apple TV starts its screensaver the music stops, the airplay stops. I tried with itunes and the streaming don´t stop when apple t...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

iPhone USB connector in car stereo.

I just bought a 2012 Sonata SE 2.0T and it works via Bluetooth or the USB cable for iPhone. The problem is that the Bluetooth allows me to skip songs using the steering wheel controls, but doesn't sound as good as the USB connection. If I plug it in ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought a 2012 Sonata SE 2.0T and it works via Bluetooth or the USB cable for iPhone.  The problem is that the Bluetooth allows me to skip songs using the steering wheel controls, but does...
  • dwolter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't synch spotify to my ipod

I've been trying to export a playlist from my spotify account to my ipod without success, i am a premium customer but i don't seem able to transfer them over whenever i highlight manually synchronize my spotify closes down. i have uninstalled and rei...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to export a playlist from my spotify account to my ipod without success, i am a premium customer but i don't seem able to transfer them over whenever i highlight manually synchronize...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not working

Hey, Kayla here (Krbachman)... Just bought a spotify premium account for a road trip and it's not working. When I try to play songs, it tells me I need a premium account. What should I do?

• Hey, Kayla here (Krbachman)... Just bought a spotify premium account for a road trip and it's not working. When I try to play songs, it tells me I need a premium account. What should I do?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New phone, trouble syncing.

Hi, Ive just upgraded my phone to the iphone 5. I had spotify on my iPhone 4 and had over 500 songs synced. I of course synced spotify onto my new phone. However the songs on the app are not syncing over. I have gone onto the Spotify app on my comput...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Ive just upgraded my phone to the iphone 5.  I had spotify on my iPhone 4 and had over 500 songs synced. I of course synced spotify onto my new phone.  However the songs on the ap...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod

ive synced all my songs but i,ll play so many then throws me out of spotify and i need to log in again, cn anyone help? thanks

• ive synced all my songs but i,ll play so many then throws me out of spotify and i need to log in again, cn anyone help? thanks
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Most Songs added to playlist before Spotify Premium wont play on mobile. Any Help?

Ok so I have a playlist named Itunes, it is the playlist I had for months before i finally decided to pay for premium. Anyways, when i bought premium i noticed that the majority of the songs on the playlist only play on my computer and not on mobile....

• Regular
  • Ok so I have a playlist named Itunes, it is the playlist I had for months before i finally decided to pay for premium. Anyways, when i bought premium i noticed that the majority of the songs on the p...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs won't Sync!

PLEASE HELP!Some songs that I have starred will not sync!How do I fix this?-JCook

• Casual Listener
  • PLEASE HELP! Some songs that I have starred will not sync! How do I fix this? -JCook
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

very confused with Data

For the past two weeks I've used Spotify on my iphone 5 in my car and no data has been used up according to cellular usage in the phone settings. I was on 4G. Thinking it was a 4G problem I switcthed to 3G today as a test and ran spotify radio for a ...

• Gig Goer
  • For the past two weeks I've used Spotify on my iphone 5 in my car and no data has been used up according to cellular usage in the phone settings. I was on 4G. Thinking it was a 4G problem I switcthed...
  • offbeatbryce
  • Gig Goer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 5 having issues with streaming playlist when not connected to Wi-Fi

Until the last few weeks i have had no issues with my premium spotify account. I live in the Metro Atlanta area and my cell provider is T-mobile. I have always had good reception since moving to Atlanta in February; and for the first few months was a...

• Until the last few weeks i have had no issues with my premium spotify account.  I live in the Metro Atlanta area and my cell provider is T-mobile.  I have always had good reception since mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes