Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on iOS 7: Radio is not working

Solved!

Spotify on iOS 7: Radio is not working

I have upgraded to ios7 on an Apple iphone 4 and have the latest Spotify mobile app.  For the past two days, the radio function has stopped working.  When I click on the radio, all I see is the top headline saying Radio, but the entire page is just a blank white screen.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reset my phone, and it is still not working.

I purchased Spotify Premium specifically for the Radio function, if this does not work soon, I will be leaving Spotify for another service.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi fellow Spotify users, I used to have this problem as well until someone showed me how to fix it. You don't have to Reset ALL settings, all you need to do is to reset your NETWORK SETTINGS - which will clear your wifi password as well. Once you reset your Network Settings the radio function will be working properly.

Go to Settings
Then to General
At the very bottom of General click on Reset
Then select Reset Network Settings
Confirm that option and you will be good to go!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Mine is exactly the same! ANd the radio function is the ONLY part of spotify that I listen to. 

I'm having the same issue.  Ever since I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS7, the Spotify app radio page is blank, just shows the search bar across the top of the screen and is unresponsive, won't let me search or refresh the page at all.  I've tried clearing history, cookies, and data from Safari, rebooting phone, deleting and reinstalling the app, etc.  Same behavior with the radio after each attempt.  It doesn't matter if I'm on 4G, LTE, or any WiFi.

I've also noticed that Spotify is not in my Setting screen with other apps, not sure if it was ever there before, but was hoping to find some simple setting causing this issue. 

Spotify Support...

You have 24 hours to acknowledge or resolve this issue before me and 10 of my friends all cancel our accounts. And looking at the couple of responses below, we won't be the only ones.

I have the same problem after a update. The radio is super when it works and I'll
listen to it all day.

My radio function doesn't work. All I have is a search bar and a blank screen. I have tried starting a new station and it won't work. Tried typing in the search bar and it won't let me type.

1. I followed all of the trouble shooting steps as well as multiple forum suggestions. Nothing did the trick.

I expected the radio to function normally

The radio did not work at all

IPhone 4S

Not jail broken

Around 10 playlists

Exact same problem.  Tried re-installing and still doesn't work.  Don't know what to do!

How to make the radio works again.

Go to settings then to Safari settings and make sure that you alove popups. Restart the IPhone and the radio works again.

I tried it and it did nothing for me. Hope it works for someone else though really wish spotify would just come out with an update to fix it.

Ok I think I figured out the solution to this problem.  Here is the step by step:

1. Go to settings

2. Click general

3. Scroll down to the bottom to reset and click it

4. Click Reset All

5. Click on the app and the radio finction should work now.

Resetting all settings does not delete any of your saved items on your phone so you wont have to reinstall apps or any of that.  This worked for me I hope it works for you all too.  Let me know if you get yours up and running using this.  

This worked for me. Radio is working again. Thanks Thorschanck!

Spottify, are you in a big suckfest competition with Sonos or something? Your product is broken. The radio feature doesn't work. IOS 7.0.4.

Your product is starting to slip down the hill to suckville. I don't want to pay to live in suckville.

These forums don't do anything.

@MarkSummer wrote:
Spottify, are you in a big suckfest competition with Sonos or something? Your product is broken. The radio feature doesn't work. IOS 7.0.4.

Your product is starting to slip down the hill to suckville. I don't want to pay to live in suckville.

These forums don't do anything.

Haven't seen many reports of Radio being totally broken on iOS (and its working fine for me).

clean reinstallation of the app might be a good idea as a first troubleshooting step. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hi fellow Spotify users, I used to have this problem as well until someone showed me how to fix it. You don't have to Reset ALL settings, all you need to do is to reset your NETWORK SETTINGS - which will clear your wifi password as well. Once you reset your Network Settings the radio function will be working properly.

Go to Settings
Then to General
At the very bottom of General click on Reset
Then select Reset Network Settings
Confirm that option and you will be good to go!

Suggested posts