Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Premium account not working on samsung s4 and ipad

I noticed last night that I was unable to listen to my offline playlist and realised that my account was asking me to upgrade to premium. I am already a premium member and it is showing the same in my iPad and samsung s4. I logged in and out and noth...

• I noticed last night that I was unable to listen to my offline playlist and realised that my account was asking me to upgrade to premium. I am already a premium member and it is showing the same in m...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working on my NEW iphone, but on my old ones.

Hello, i got the Problem Spotify is not working on my new Iphone 5s, but on my old 4s models (3 Phones) it is working Well, i want to Replace one of the 4s with the 5s model. Merry Christmas

• Hello,  i got the Problem Spotify is not working on my new Iphone 5s, but on my old 4s models (3 Phones) it is working Well, i want to Replace one of the 4s with the 5s model.   Merry...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Download stops frequently and songs get red exclemation mark

Hey there, I have a few problems. I recently upgraded to the iphone5s and from 16 to 64gb mainly to please my appatite for music. I have synchronised around 4000 songs and have about 1000 more to go and it was a hell. Every 2 minuts I need to activit...

• Music Fan
  • Hey there,   I have a few problems. I recently upgraded to the iphone5s and from 16 to 64gb mainly to please my appatite for music.   I have synchronised around 4000 songs and have ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not working on iPod

I payed for premium using a gift card of 10$. It said it was credited for two months and i got a receipt. It works when i use it on my computer but when i sign in on my ipod it does not give me premium features. I logged in and out, uninstalled reins...

• Casual Listener
  • I payed for premium using a gift card of 10$. It said it was credited for two months and i got a receipt. It works when i use it on my computer but when i sign in on my ipod it does not give me premi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs not syncing

Hello all, I have playlists where a few songs won't play on iOS (iPhone 4S, iOS 7 latest version). I've tried everything in this post: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/m-p/478780/highlight/tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   I have playlists where a few songs won't play on iOS (iPhone 4S, iOS 7 latest version). I've tried everything in this post: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPa...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS 7 - "Slide to unlock" pauses song (Reinstalled app - FIXED)

Sorry if this is an issue that has been brought up earlier... When I play a song in spotify (on iPhone 4s) and the screen is locked and I "slide to unlock" it. Spotify automatically pauses the song I was listening to. WTF is up with that? iOS bug? Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Sorry if this is an issue that has been brought up earlier...   When I play a song in spotify (on iPhone 4s) and the screen is locked and I "slide to unlock" it. Spotify automatically paus...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

purchase premium in iOS App

Hey i was wondering if you could add a feature to buy premium previliges from the iOS app directly via an in-App purchase

• Casual Listener
  • Hey i was wondering if you could add a feature to buy premium previliges from the iOS app directly via an in-App purchase
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Profile (Me) Button on iPhone and iPod Touch apps

I have logged in fully with all the right details, and I can get onto my playlists and everything just fine. But on the app, my friends have a side button where they can get onto their own profiles, and I just dont have it. This is the same on my iph...

• Casual Listener
  • I have logged in fully with all the right details, and I can get onto my playlists and everything just fine. But on the app, my friends have a side button where they can get onto their own profiles, ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Sharing With Non-Facebook User iOS7

Hi, I see simiar questions get asked frequently and have had a look through a few to see if they solve my problem, but as you have probably guessed, I haven't been able to solve it. I am using 0.9.1.230 on my iphone 5 using iOS7. I have not connected...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I see simiar questions get asked frequently and have had a look through a few to see if they solve my problem, but as you have probably guessed, I haven't been able to solve it. &nbs...
  • Stuartgemmill
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist don't synchronies

Hey there I just upgraded to a premium account. Using the offline function of spotify is interessing me cause i won't have the 4G for a while. BUT the problem is that for a unknown reason I cannot syncronise my playlists to the offline mode. I tried ...

• Hey there   I just upgraded to a premium account. Using the offline function of spotify is interessing me cause i won't have the 4G for a while.    BUT the problem is that for ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium not working

My spotify premium is not working. I cant pick songs, can only listen to shuffle play but nothing else. What to do?

• Regular
  • My spotify premium is not working. I cant pick songs, can only listen to shuffle play but nothing else. What to do?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

AirPlay to AppleTV does not show album artwork anymore

With one of the last updates of Spotify on iOS the Album Artwork is not displayed anymore on my AppleTV when using AirPlay. I am not a Spotify member of a very long time, but i can remember that even the remote control of the AppleTv worked to naviga...

• Music Fan
  • With one of the last updates of Spotify on iOS the Album Artwork is not displayed anymore on my AppleTV when using AirPlay. I am not a Spotify member of a very long time, but i can remember that even...
  • WPDP
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music in car via lightning connection

Hello, I'd like to know if there is any way to allow my vehicle to control and play music with a wired connection. I've attempted this already and it seems that because Spotify encrypts and hides the audio files my car shows a message that the device...

• Hello,   I'd like to know if there is any way to allow my vehicle to control and play music with a wired connection. I've attempted this already and it seems that because Spotify encrypts an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs repeatedly end prematurely

When playing any sort of playlist, every song ends about a minute prematurely. This is ruining the listening experience and is extremely frustrating. This has been happening for close to two months! How can I fix this??

• Casual Listener
  • When playing any sort of playlist, every song ends about a minute prematurely. This is ruining the listening experience and is extremely frustrating. This has been happening for close to two months! ...
  • Parkview094
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Synchronisation whilst on VPN

I've noticed if my phone has an active VPN don't Spotify want synchronise, meaning that any available off-line playlists don't download

• I've noticed if my phone has an active VPN don't Spotify want synchronise, meaning that any available off-line playlists don't download
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug iPhone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify search not finding items not available through Spotify

before the search function changed on the iPhone app, I was able to search all the songs I have uploaded onto my phone, including ones that are not in Spotify's database. Now, I no longer can. For example, I have a lot of Beatles songs that I've uplo...

• Casual Listener
  • before the search function changed on the iPhone app, I was able to search all the songs I have uploaded onto my phone, including ones that are not in Spotify's database.  Now, I no longer can. ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any way to be able to hand pick your songs opposed to shuffle on the spotify iphone app?

Just recently spotify practically forced me to click the shuffle button and is giving me no option to unshuffle. Is there any way for me to individually pick my songs or should i just switch to itunes? I've had this app over a year and I loved it, no...

• Casual Listener
  • Just recently spotify practically forced me to click the shuffle button and is giving me no option to unshuffle. Is there any way for me to individually pick my songs or should i just switch to itune...
  • MikeyB
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Too similar to pandora

If I wanted to download pandora I would of done so. I liked spotify the way it was to begin with.

• Casual Listener
  • If I wanted to download pandora I would of done so. I liked spotify the way it was to begin with.
  • MikeyB
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes