Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

offline sync not working

I have just updated to the latest version of spotify on my ipad iOS 7. And I can't offline sync any of my new playlists. None. And whenever I try to delete any current ones,the app crashes. When I try to offline sync the playlist, a little red exclam...

• I have just updated to the latest version of spotify on my ipad iOS 7. And I can't offline sync any of my new playlists. None. And whenever I try to delete any current ones,the app crashes. When I tr...
  • snerik1
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Ios synchronization issues

Hi Team.From some time I can not play tracks which are synchronized.They are showing as synchronized but all I see is this and nothing is playing... Is there any solution for this issue?

image.png
  • Regular
  • Hi Team. From some time I can not play tracks which are synchronized. They are showing as synchronized but all I see is this and nothing is playing... Is there any solution for this issue?
  • outofspace
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app doesnt recognize and sync local files

Hello guys, I have a problem with the local syncing on my ios device, i've searched on every forum for a solution but I couldn't find it. I hope one of you can answer this question for me. So i've tried to reinstall the app on my iphone 5s and my com...

• Hello guys,   I have a problem with the local syncing on my ios device, i've searched on every forum for a solution but I couldn't find it. I hope one of you can answer this question for me....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Using Spotify (Premium) with an 160GB Ipod Classic

Hello, is it even possible to use my Ipod Classic with Spotify (Premium) and syncing all Playlists to the device? Elwood

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   is it even possible to use my Ipod Classic with Spotify (Premium) and syncing all Playlists to the device?     Elwood
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

APP FREEZES ON BROWSE PAGE

About 50% of the time, I open the spotify app and all I see is "The Browse feature is unavailable in offline mode" and I am unable to play any music or even look at my playlists. I have been instructed to delete the app, restart my phone, and reinsta...

• About 50% of the time, I open the spotify app and all I see is "The Browse feature is unavailable in offline mode" and I am unable to play any music or even look at my playlists. I have been instruct...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 5 - Compatible car head units

Hello,Now I currently own 2 cars, in my Astra VXR I have a double DIN stereo which I plug the iPhone into using the supplied lightning cable and that cable alone. With this it allows me to access spotify through my phones menu's and play songs, playl...

• Hello, Now I currently own 2 cars, in my Astra VXR I have a double DIN stereo which I plug the iPhone into using the supplied lightning cable and that cable alone. With this it allows me to access...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

songs cannot be matched

Hi guys.This would be my second time posting the same issue - it might be no one knows how to solve this. I have about 8,000 of my own songs, very very well lablled and they are all on different playlists in iTunes. I have subscribed to Spotify Premi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys. This would be my second time posting the same issue - it might be no one knows how to solve this.   I have about 8,000 of my own songs, very very well lablled and ...
  • Snakey
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline storage - 9999 songs across 3 devices

2 questions please... (Relating to off line use)..1) Is the 3333 songs mirrored across the 3 devices or can I have 3333 different songs on each device?2) I have the maximum 3333 songs on my iPod touch., these appear to have been duplicated on my Sams...

• Casual Listener
  • 2 questions please... (Relating to off line use).. 1) Is the 3333 songs mirrored across the 3 devices or can I have 3333 different songs on each device? 2) I have the maximum 3333 songs on my iPo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs in Multiple off-line playlists

If I have a song that is in different off-line playlists, does it only take up space on my phone once or does it take up space for each off-line playlist? In other words, if I have 5 GB of songs synced off-line to my phone and have each song in two p...

• Music Fan
  • If I have a song that is in different off-line playlists, does it only take up space on my phone once or does it take up space for each off-line playlist? In other words, if I have 5 GB of songs syn...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle

Upgraded account and shuffle feature still active.

• Casual Listener
  • Upgraded account and shuffle feature still active.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound not working (iOS)

On my iPhone 4 and iPad air there is no sound, even if the volume is all the way up. It looks like it should be playing, but there's no sound

• On my iPhone 4 and iPad air there is no sound, even if the volume is all the way up. It looks like it should be playing, but there's no sound
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't stream abroad - Premium user here

I was playing music fine for some time abroad. Today I was streaming like usual when the playback bar disappeared and song was stopped. http://imgur.com/CxSKCdXHappens every time I try.Same exact thing happens with desktop player. I can browse, view ...

• Regular
  • I was playing music fine for some time abroad. Today I was streaming like usual when the playback bar disappeared and song was stopped. http://imgur.com/CxSKCdX Happens every time I try. Same e...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Please reset my devices

My desktop spotify works well. My iphone app keeps reading "browswer will not work in offline mode" but cannot go beyond this second screen. Cannot get info settings. Help!

• My desktop spotify works well. My iphone app keeps reading "browswer will not work in offline mode" but cannot go beyond this second screen. Cannot get info settings. Help!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files Sync Practical Limit?

I have used MOG for a year or so and am currently trying out Spotify Premium to see if I want to switch. I've liked MOG a lot with my one gripe being that I have to switch back and forth between MOG and itunes depending on which songs I want to liste...

• Music Fan
  • I have used MOG for a year or so and am currently trying out Spotify Premium to see if I want to switch. I've liked MOG a lot with my one gripe being that I have to switch back and forth between MO...
  • JonCr
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iOS cannot match my songs

Hi guys.Wondering if someone out there could help me with this? I have about 8,000 of my own songs, very very well lablled and they are all on different playlists in iTunes. I have subscribed to Spotify Premium. However, there are a few problems that...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys. Wondering if someone out there could help me with this?   I have about 8,000 of my own songs, very very well lablled and they are all on different playlists in iTunes. I have s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    cannot match songs
    iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify premium not connecting after installing Roku

I have spotify premium and sync my music on my iphone 5. I recently purchased a Roku and added the Spotify channel. Immediately after my spotify app stopped connecting or syncing any music added. I deleted the channel from my Roku, deleted and reinst...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium and sync my music on my iphone 5.  I recently purchased a Roku and added the Spotify channel.  Immediately after my spotify app stopped connecting or syncing any musi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

2 devices 1 accounts

I have a problem,I have 2 devices (ipad and ipod) and one free spotify account. the problem is that I only can listen to music (with ads) on my ipad and not on my ipod. On my ipod it's saying: buy a premium account. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem, I have 2 devices (ipad and ipod) and one free spotify account. the problem is that I only can listen to music (with ads) on my ipad and not on my ipod. On my ipod it's saying: buy...
  • Demi051105
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] [iPad] Using search modifiers returns only seven album results

Seven is a lucky number, but not on Spotify iOS. When I use modifiers like "genre:" or "year:", Spotify only shows seven results in the albums tab. It has been this way for quite some time and I would love for it to be fixed.

• Roadie
  • Seven is a lucky number, but not on Spotify iOS.  When I use modifiers like "genre:" or "year:", Spotify only shows seven results in the albums tab.  It has been this way for quite some tim...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems syncing with Ipod

Hi I have synced loads of music to my Ipod 4 and have about 4gb still free. About 3 months ago it started to be really unreliable whilst syncing...sometimes it would sync after several attempts, sometimes it would sync a few tracks and get stuck but ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have synced loads of music to my Ipod 4 and have about 4gb still free. About 3 months ago it started to be really unreliable whilst syncing...sometimes it would sync after severa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Really hard to add an album or song to new playlist in folder

Since Spotify doesn't have a unified queue synced between devices I use a "later" folder to add albums and songs to playlists that I want to come back and listen to later. I mostly use this for albums. It's really easy to create an album playlist. Cl...

• Roadie
  • Since Spotify doesn't have a unified queue synced between devices I use a "later" folder to add albums and songs to playlists that I want to come back and listen to later. I mostly use this for album...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums
    organization
    Playlists
    queue
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes