Spotify on iPhone 5 will not log in

Spotify on iPhone 5 will not log in

nico177479
Visitor

Hi all, I'm trying to get Spotify to work on my iPhone 5, model A1428, app version 8.5.28.1046 on iOS 10.3.4.  I have two identical iPhone 5's, same iOS version, same model number, same app version installed on both.  Whenever I try to login to the app, it gives an error, "Something went wrong, please try again later."  If you attempt to log in again, it won't even try, it will immediately give the error message again, and if you attempt to use the log in without password option, it will say your email is not registered with a Spotify account.  I've tried on two identical iPhone 5's, even tried on my friend's iPhone 5C, also running the same app version and iOS version; it does the exact same thing.  I've logged into my Spotify account on my PC both in the browser as well as in the Spotify app for Windows, works fine.  I've logged into Spotify on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, my iPhone 5S, even on my iPhone 4S, all on different app versions, all logged in and worked fine. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 5, iPhone 5C

Operating System

iOS 10.3.4 (14G61)

4 Replies

CarlosE

Hi there @nico177479 and @Matt_Music1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We're afraid that the minimum iOS version required to run Spotify is 12, so it's expected that it won't work on previous versions, such as this case. You can find more info on system requirements in this article.

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

FFMagg
Casual Listener

I'm really sorry, but this is a poor answer and the reason is that the problem is not the minimun iOS version required for running Spotify, this because using an old iPhone, even if you are not able to download the most updated version of the app, it's still possible to download the most recent one working on that OS. Using iOS 10.3.3 or 10.3.4 makes you download the version 8.5.28 of Spotify. Even if it is a bit old, it was really stable. Since 3 weeks (for me) it's not possible to login in the app using this version, I think due to some connection problems (It's like all the connections from this Spotify version were cut down). For what i tried, it's possible to login in a lot of other devices with even an older version of spotify (in the forum there is a person saying that he could login in the version 8.4.62.490 of his iPad mini with iOS 9.3.5, and it's the same for me.)

Novy

Hey @FFMagg

Thanks for your message.

We're sorry to hear that you're having these issues. We always recommend updating your devices to their latest firmware version in order to have the best experience. However, keep in mind that we can't guarantee proper functionality of the app with older/unsupported OS versions.

The Community will be here if anything else comes up. 

Take care.

NovyModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Matt_Music1
Visitor

This Sounds very similar to my Problem:

iPad Gen 4.

iOS 10.3.3

Country Germany

On an iPad Gen 4. I used Spotify sucessfully until the day before yesterday.

Yesterday I did a reset of this iPad (Same iOS Version as before) with a new Apple ID and a fresh install of the latest compatible Spotify iOS Version.

Now I cannot log in anymore. neither with E-Mail and password nor with username and password.

Error in German: "Irgendwas ist schiefgelaufen. versuche es später noch einmal."

Which means "Something went wrong. Try again later."

I also cannot use passwordless Login.

The Users are obviously ok. I can log into Spotiy on other  devices and also on the Browser.

Unfortunately the Webplayer does Not work either what is not surprising because  of the iOS Version. The latest Versions of Chrome cannot be installiert at all. The Webplayer does not work with Safari nor Edge on this iPad.

SUGGESTED POSTS