Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on iPhone no longer works with BMW Connected Drive

Spotify on iPhone no longer works with BMW Connected Drive

Up until late last year, the Spotify app on my iphone worked nicely with my BMW Connected Drive (a 2014 3-series). I could load the app and have full control from the car's media system (I used the wired USB connection). Now the car will not show the app, and the only way to use spotify in my car is to control it from my phone (which of course I can't do while driving). So spotify in my car has become useless.

My phone is on iOS 12, the phone itself is an iPhone 7. Is there any prospect of this getting fixed? I am running the latest Spotify.

2 Replies

Did you ever get a reply? My iDrive rebooted unexpectedly while driivng last week and ever since I can't get the Spotify app... driving me nuts as I use it quite a bit.

I updated Spotify on my iPhone today (as I do most days as the Spotify app seems to have new versions all the time), and my BMW media system loaded the Spotify app for the first time in several months. I probably dare not update the app again in case it breaks, but for now it's working at last.

Suggested posts