Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Radio / Discoveries of the Week

PremiumCountry - UK DeviceiPhone 8 and iPad mini Operating System iOS 12.11 My Question or Issue Hi,whenever i play on the radio if I press the button (dislike) it will automatically skip the song, but also skip the next song after it without my sayi...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium Country - UK   Device iPhone 8 and iPad mini  Operating System iOS 12.11   My Question or Issue  Hi, whenever i play on the radio if I press the 🚫 button...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local won’t appear on app in iPhone

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.1.3 I’ve had local files on my phone playlist before but when I switch phones recently I couldn’t get them to appear on my playlists. I’ve downloaded them onto my phone via iTunes and I’ve ad...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.1.3   I’ve had local files on my phone playlist before but when I switch phones recently I couldn’t get them to ap...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to download album not on Spotify to iPhone from local files?

DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or Issue I recently bought In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson through iTunes, which isn't available on Spotify. Through local files, I can play the songs on my computer, however I wan...

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.1.2   My Question or Issue  I recently bought In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson through iTunes, which isn't available on Sp...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about new release section.

So I always enjoy looking at the new release category to just check out new artists and see what’s new out there, it’s been a way for me to find new stuff that I wouldn’t necessarily think to look up. The problem is now the new release section is cat...

• So I always enjoy looking at the new release category to just check out new artists and see what’s new out there, it’s been a way for me to find new stuff that I wouldn’t necessarily think to look up...
  • vuz0
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify crashes after pressing song

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(iPhone 6s)Operating System(iOS 12.1.3)Every time I try to play a song my spotify freezes and then crashes. I had this issue before when pausing songs but the new update fixed, but now I can't play anything. I deleted and ...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System (iOS 12.1.3) Every time I try to play a song my spotify freezes and then crashes. I had this issue before when ...
  • Jkaiden1554
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I disliked a song on radio, and now it won’t let me even play the song outside of it...

So I was going through radio, and this song I was really jamming to came on, so I grabbed my phone to pick it up and click “like” on it, and I actually did! But I did something weird with my hand and pressed dislike right after that, and it went away...

• So I was going through radio, and this song I was really jamming to came on, so I grabbed my phone to pick it up and click “like” on it, and I actually did! But I did something weird with my hand and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • dislike
    Liked from Radio
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Sync to my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone Xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.1.3 My Question or Issue I have been trying to get a local file that I got onto my computer to sync over to my iPhone but nothing has worked. I have gone through the given steps:Connect ...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone Xs Max Operating System iOS 12.1.3   My Question or Issue  I have been trying to get a local file that I got onto my computer to sync ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs not playing in their entirety plus russian dance music interrupting my playlists

Lately when I try to listen to a playlist (mine or a spotify playlist) through Apple PLay on my IPhone 7 +, IOS 12.1.2 in my car, the songs change after 60 seconds and within 3 minutes, Russian dance songs start playing. I've tried deleting the songs...

• Lately when I try to listen to a playlist (mine or a spotify playlist) through Apple PLay on my IPhone 7 +, IOS 12.1.2 in my car, the songs change after 60 seconds and within 3 minutes, Russian dance...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

NEW MUSIC FOR ME

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue What happened to the New Music For Me on the homepage? Also, please let us customize our homepages! What a complete cluttered mess spotify has become!

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  What happened to the New Music For Me on the homepage? Also, please let us custo...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Connecting To Devices Isn’t Working

My phone plays music perfectly but when ever I try to play it on my PlayStation or My Fire Tv it pauses right as I hit play It won’t play at all it pauses every second and then 30 seconds later it crashesPlanFreeCountry USADevice(iPhone XS)

• Visitor
  • My phone plays music perfectly but when ever I try to play it on my PlayStation or My Fire Tv it pauses right as I hit play It won’t play at all it pauses every second and then 30 seconds later it cr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How come I cannot see my queue?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12My Question or IssueWith the new update I can no longer view my queue. I have tried finding it through multiple locations. Also the repeat button is no longer easily accessible. Why did that c...

• Casual Listener
  •  Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12 My Question or Issue With the new update I can no longer view my queue. I have tried finding it through multiple ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't download the Spotify app

I have Spotify premium on my desktop and my phone, but I tried to dl the spotify app onto my Ipad and it won't dl because it says I need 10.1 update or more. I have run update on my Ipad 3 times (it takes for ever) and each time I am told I am up to ...

• I have Spotify premium on my desktop and my phone, but I tried to dl the spotify app onto my Ipad and it won't dl because it says I need 10.1 update or more.  I have run update on my Ipad 3 time...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone vs MacPro

Have used Spotify on my MacPro for a long time. I got a new iphone 6s and spent an obscene amount of time getting it set up, finding playlists, etc. The phone is using the same account as on the laptop, with all the playlists loaded. Songs play fine ...

• Casual Listener
  • Have used Spotify on my MacPro for a long time. I got a new iphone 6s and spent an obscene amount of time getting it set up, finding playlists, etc. The phone is using the same account as on the lapt...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Songs cut off on iPhone
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I want quick access to the artist's albums when I open an artist in my artists list

PlanPremiumOperating SystemiOS & Android My Question or Issue I want quick access to the artist's albums when I open an artist in my artists list - skip the intermediate "artist landing page" that one contains the top tracks. Why would any sane perso...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Operating System iOS & Android   My Question or Issue  I want quick access to the artist's albums when I open an artist in my artists list - skip the intermediate "ar...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify App. Storage

PlanPremiumCountry PhilippinesDevice(iPhone 6, iPad mini 4)Operating SystemiOS 12.1.1-iPad mini 4iOS 12.1.2-iPhone 6 My Question or Issue:In my Spotify app. I went to check out my spotify storage in both of my devices and it seems that this one calle...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Philippines Device (iPhone 6, iPad mini 4) Operating System iOS 12.1.1 -iPad mini 4 iOS 12.1.2 -iPhone 6   My Question or Issue: In my Spotify app. I went...
  • Nielben
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why was the radio function removed from the IOS App?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhoneOperating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue Last year, the radio function on the app for IOS disappeared, I guess with an update. However, now all I have are playlists, which songs can't be thumbed up or down, ther...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  Last year, the radio function on the app for IOS disappeared, I guess with an update...
  • Daiclanshire
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Bug report => playlist start from the first song and do not finish playlist on chromecast

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone 7My Question or Issue Bug report => playlist start from the first song and do not finish playlist on chromecast

•   Plan Premium Device (iPhone 7 My Question or Issue  Bug report => playlist start from the first song and do not finish playlist on chromecast 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What Happened

With the last update where is the browse button. How are you supposed to find new music like before. You have completely ruined the app. Fix it or I’m out. PlanPremiumCountry USA DeviceiPad Operating System(iOS 12

• Casual Listener
  • With the last update where is the browse button. How are you supposed to find new music like before. You have completely ruined the app. Fix it or I’m out.  Plan Premium Country  USA&nbs...
  • MadSoupChef
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

iOS Homepage update issue

Hi all,For more than a month now, my iOS homepage does not update (in particular the ''created for you'' playlists at the top) and is stuck on ''Your favorite 2018 titles'' playlist. I updated, removed/re-installed the app, logged out, re-logged in a...

• Hi all, For more than a month now, my iOS homepage does not update (in particular the ''created for you'' playlists at the top) and is stuck on ''Your favorite 2018 titles'' playlist. I updated, rem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No repeat button

PremiumUSiPhone X Why is there no repeat button? Where it used to be there is a heart, but there is a shuffle button.

• Premium US iPhone X   Why is there no repeat button? Where it used to be there is a heart, but there is a shuffle button. 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes