Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium on iPhone not allowing me to add whole albums onto playlist

Spotify premium on iPhone not allowing me to add whole albums onto playlist

Recent update of Spotify (I have premium) has made it so I can no longer add whole albums onto a playlist. It’s very annoying as adding each individual song from an album is hugely time wasting.
Top Answer
Yordan

Hi folks!

This is due to an ongoing test were currently running for iOS users as we experiment with different ways of adding items to Your Library. There's this thread where users continue to share their feedback on the changes, so be sure to check it out and submit your suggestions.

We'll now lock this thread from further replies to keep the discussion centralized in one place.

Take care!

5 Replies

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. This seems odd. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you provide us a screen recording of you trying to add a whole album to a playlist so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, 

sure please use the link below to view the screen recording. There is simply no option to add any albums to any playlist. I deleted and redownloaded the app twice and restarted my phone,  but that didn’t work either. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EC-ql0ZNf5W_YrBiEcEs0BQt7DsfWUyI/view?usp=drivesdk 

Hey again @Jex4728,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided screen recording. 

We tried from our end with an iPhone and we was able to add an album to a playlist. Can you remove your cached data to see if that makes any difference and after that reinstall the app? This will make sure there’s no old cache files causing this.

Keep us posted 🙂 Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the exact same problem. Clearing cache didn't help. My Spotify Premium on iPhone suddenly doesn't containt the option to add an album to a playlist.

Hi folks!

This is due to an ongoing test were currently running for iOS users as we experiment with different ways of adding items to Your Library. There's this thread where users continue to share their feedback on the changes, so be sure to check it out and submit your suggestions.

We'll now lock this thread from further replies to keep the discussion centralized in one place.

Take care!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts