Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify still stuck on old layout

Spotify still stuck on old layout

I've been researching this issue for a while now, and I can't seem to come to a conclusion as to why I have yet to recieve the new layout. I've read that layouts are rolled out to a specific number of users, but the latest should be accessed to all users. I still have the layout in where you have to pull the side menu out and it's not on the bottom with buttons. Anyone know why this is? I am on the latest iOS update and latest Spotify iOS version and have auto-updates enabled with iTunes.

3 Replies

Hello @JakeDGator. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Doesn't sound good that you're still on the old layout. You're spot on that the new layout gets rolled out to accounts over a certain time period (which we're not privy to) so your account may have yet to get the update.

Just to be sure there's no residual cache data causing the App to not update, you could try logging out of your account and into a friends account who has the update. Then log out of the friends account and back into yours. It's just a little something something to test things out.

Alternatively, you could completely reinstall the Spotify app on your iPhone as well. It's great to hear you've already got everything up-to-date, but sometimes there's nothing like a good reinstall to fix the problem. Here's how to do it:

• On the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes.
  • Tap the symbol on the icon.
  • Open the App Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

If neither of these things work for your account, my other suggestion would be to try logging into a friends iOS device with your account, again, just to see if it's your account, or your iPhone. Usually the new layout does indeed get applied to the account, and should not matter which device you sign in with.

Let me know how this goes for you, and keep on rockin'!

I have deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app along with restored my phone and the same layout I had previously remains. I'm confused because I didn't restore my phone from a backup, it was completely fresh and I reinstalled everything. I have yet to try the friend thing, next time I meet up I'll ask and see what I can find. Any other possible solutions in the meantime?

Awesome to hear you've tried both reinstalling Spotify, and even restoring your phone! That's a lot of troubleshooting effort on your part, so thanks for doing that.

Again, the layout of the mobile app once you log in is entirely based on the backend status of your account. Us rock/rising stars are not aware of which accounts have or have not been switched to the new layout, unfortunately, and it even took my account a month or so before I received the new layout.

Give the friend thing a try, let us know how it goes, and keep on rockin' while waiting patiently to see when your account gets switched over. (If you're still not switched over in a few weeks, you could always shoot off a quick tweet to @SpotifyCares asking them to check into your account status for getting the new layout.)

Suggested posts