Announcements

Spotify stops playing when switching to other apps on iPad

Solved!

Spotify stops playing when switching to other apps on iPad

Davenichs
Casual Listener
Hi, brand new Spotify Premium user here so bear with me! If I play music through the 'Music' app on my iPad and then switch to another app e.g. 'Safari' or 'Mail' then the 'Music' app keeps playing music. However, Spotify does not - it stops playing if I'm not actually in the Spotify app itself. Any ideas? Or is this a restriction of the Spotify app itself? Thanks!
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify stops playing when switching to other apps on iPad

MichaelJerzak
Composer

well, this trick i know of sometimes fixes it, i pause the song i'm listening to in Spotify, then exit out of it, and press the home button twice to bring out multitasking and then press play.

View solution in original post

Solution!

Rids_M

I am a user of spotify and faced this problem just now. Closed all apps completely including spotify and then restrated spotify. It worked!!! 🙂 Probably some other app was preventing spotify from working in the background.

Solution!

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this in the Community 🙂

In case none of the other solutions our Community members provided worked for you, here are a few additional troubleshooting steps to try:

• a clean reinstall of the app on your device
  • make sure Spotify is granted all permissions in your device's settings
  • make sure that any data saving apps are disabled

Hope that helps!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

27 Replies
Solution!

MichaelJerzak
Composer

well, this trick i know of sometimes fixes it, i pause the song i'm listening to in Spotify, then exit out of it, and press the home button twice to bring out multitasking and then press play.

Davenichs
Casual Listener
Thanks for that prompt reply I will give it a go. It Would be nice to have a more permanent solution too if there is one! Cheers. Ps just tried it - it works! Thanks.

MichaelJerzak
Composer

glad to Help 🙂

Kbrettmurphy
Mine works fine unless I open another app that requires use of sound. For example I unknowingly had YouTube open in safari in an unactive tab and every time I switched to safari spotify would stop playing until I closed the tab that had YouTube open.

T-esp
Just swipe up from the bottom and press play on the menu! (On the menu thing where you turn wifi and Bluetooth on that is )This is the solution I found out for my problem! And it cured the issue I had when I googled (and found this) so give it a go hope it works!!

Natashadye_
Hi I had the exact same problem until I deleted the app then re downloaded it and it works perfectly! I hope this helps

Jerseydub02
This doesn't work for me :0(
Solution!

Rids_M

I am a user of spotify and faced this problem just now. Closed all apps completely including spotify and then restrated spotify. It worked!!! 🙂 Probably some other app was preventing spotify from working in the background.

Jeffyboz
Casual Listener
Still works in 2015!! Thanks
SUGGESTED POSTS