Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify streaming downloaded songs **bleep**

Spotify streaming downloaded songs **bleep**

Why can't you program something that works as intended? I downloaded the whole "Songs" section from within the iOS app, it's been a couple of GB and the "downloading" bar finished and disappeared which led me to the conclusion that downloading the tracks has worked.

However, after listening to music from my phone for a day, I received a message from my provider telling me that my mobile data is used up. What's happening there? The only network usage that I could think of is a couple of megabytes for being logged into lastfm; other than that, there shouldn't be any celluar usage, right? How can 3 group chats on slack use less data than an app that's suposed to NOT access mobile data for songs that have already been downloaded

2 Replies

Hey @Reiszecke! Welcome to the community!

That's not cool! Alright, let's take a look. Could you head to: 'Settings (iOS) > Cellular Data' and check how much data Spotify has used? Let me know what it says!

Thanks, take care!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This was the first thing I've checked. I reset the counter every month and when I posted the OP it was at a few hundred mb.

Suggested posts