Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify switching devices

Spotify switching devices

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium Premium

Country UK

Device iPhone14

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue When listening to a playlist on my iPhone it is automatically interrupted if my wife listens to Spotify on her iPhone or Alexa - really annoying !

3 Replies

The reason this is happening is because you have a plan that only allows for one device to play music from that account. To be able to have more than one device play music you either need Spotify Duo or Spotify Family Premium. This allows there to be more accounts that way you can use more than one device to stream music (still 1 device per account).

Hope this helps clarify a few things.

Hi @Trevk,

Thanks for reaching out.

What @edibletortillla said is correct. Just also wanted to clarify that there isn't a plan that allows one account to play one more than one device simultaneously. This limitation is there to prevent misuse of our service and it applies to all accounts regardless of what subscription they have. To be able to play independently, you and your wife should use separate accounts. If you both would like to use Premium, the Duo plan is a great way for both of you to get that at a reduced price.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the clarifcation !

Suggested posts