Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify un-syncs local tracks every time I upgrade the app

Spotify un-syncs local tracks every time I upgrade the app

For maybe the last 5 or 6 iOS app updates, every single time I update the Spotify app on my iPhone, my playlists containing local tracks un-sync just the local tracks. The playlist still displays the green "off-line sync" arrow, even on the local tracks, but they become faded and the app can no longer play them. It takes a lot of clicking around and weird combinations of de-selecting "Available Offline" in both the iPhone and the desktop app, plus re-starting them, etc., before I can trick the iPhone app into forgetting that the playlist is available offline, so that it will finally sync all tracks when I tell it to make it available offline again. Sounds confusing? It is. And deeply frustrating. This never used to be an issue and I cannot fathom why it is nowdays. Either I am now suddenly missing something crucial to the update process, or this is a weird bug that I would dearly love to be addressed. I now contemplate updating the app at all.

Anyway, if anyone has solutions or ideas I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I just wanted to alert the development team to this issue.

1 Reply

This is a known issue.

For me this has been fixed ever since I did a complete reinstall of version 2.5

Have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app?

If you have the new desktop app version 1.0.1,

The devices section is missing, but it will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:

You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your phone. Just make sure all your local files are in the playlist you switch to offline in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts