Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify with Siri not working on iOS 16 / iPhone 14 Pro Max

Spotify with Siri not working on iOS 16 / iPhone 14 Pro Max

Hey guys, is anyone else experiencing issues when using Siri to control Spotify on an iPhone 14 Pro Max running iOS 16? If I say "Hey Siri, play Fall Out Boy on Spotify", it dims the music, thinks and then freezes (You can see the dynamic island is popped out, and the Siri logo is still at the bottom of the screen). It never plays the artist / album, un-dims the music.
6 Replies

Here's a screenshot of the "Frozen" screen.

2022-10-13_12-31-33.png

Is this a new issue or has it never worked on your 14 Pro? Did you have this issue on your old device? 

@ToolboxT Hey, sorry, I didn't get a notification I'd had a response!

This is a new issue since moving to the iPhone 14 (I don't have an old phone I can update to iOS 16 to test), but has always been the case on this specific phone (It's never worked since moving). I've tried the usual, in terms of deleting the app and reinstalling, rebooting device etc.

No Worries. This definetly seems like  weird issue. Does this happen when you do it within other apps. E.g. your in the Messages app and ask siri to change music in spotify then. Also does this only happen with "Hey, Siri" or also when holding down the button to engage Siri? 

Getting the same error on my 14 Pro Max. This absolutely worked on my iPhone 12. Seems to be isolated to the CarPlay in my car, though, because when I do it unconnected, it works. 

Hi there @Klown13,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Can you let us know if you've tried any troubleshooting so far? Performing a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps is a good way to start.

We'd also like to know if this started happening after a specific event, such as an app or software update, or if has always happened with your iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Lastly and just to confirm, was your iPhone 12 running iOS 16 as well? We'd like to find out if this may be related to the iOS version.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts