Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify won't allow me to play anything without a premium

Solved!

Spotify won't allow me to play anything without a premium

okgreat5858

I'm abroad and i forgot to change my settings to my country so it disabled my account for a while, and when i got back on everything was restored except the fact that it won't allow me to listen to any songs without a premium. I'm online and i already tried logging out and back in, deleting the app and then redownloading the app. It stays the same??? Help **bleep**.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

JamesGB

Hello, @okgreat5858

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community.

On the mobile edition(s) of the Spotify application, all playback is restricted to "Shuffle Mode" on albums and playlists. You'll also be subject to adverts and other limitations of the Spotify Free service. 

If you choose to activate "Shuffle Mode" you'll be able to listen to a particular album or playlist in a random order.

You can use Spotify Free on the desktop, also subject to limitations, without the "Shuffle Mode" enforcement. Otherwise, you'll need to upgrade to Premium in order to freely access your music on the go.

Kind regards,

James

View solution in original post

2 Replies

okgreat5858

what i mean is that the "You discovered a Premium feature" notification contiousely pops up

Marked as solution

JamesGB

Hello, @okgreat5858

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community.

On the mobile edition(s) of the Spotify application, all playback is restricted to "Shuffle Mode" on albums and playlists. You'll also be subject to adverts and other limitations of the Spotify Free service. 

If you choose to activate "Shuffle Mode" you'll be able to listen to a particular album or playlist in a random order.

You can use Spotify Free on the desktop, also subject to limitations, without the "Shuffle Mode" enforcement. Otherwise, you'll need to upgrade to Premium in order to freely access your music on the go.

Kind regards,

James

Suggested posts