Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won’t let me play music when not on the app.

Spotify won’t let me play music when not on the app.

Since last Sunday, my Spotify wont play any music longer than about a minute and a half when off the app. My phone will start to overheat when the app isn’t open and then just stop playing music, I haven’t had this issue with anything else on my phone so I know its just Spotify. I’ve tried logging out, refreshing the app, deleting & reinstalling, clearing the cache and restarting my phone; nothing has worked. I’m not having this issue on my MacBook, but I’d prefer to be able to listen to music on my phone without interruption. I’m hoping to find help on a solution for this as it’s been a long 8 days without being able to use Spotify on my phone and it’s making me consider switching to another streaming service. Thanks in advance. (I’m not sure where the option went but I am on a premium plan, on an iPhone XR on iOS 14.2)

2 Replies

Same here. It's been a week. I tried reinstalling but it didn't work.
I also tried get it offline, cleared cache etc. nothing seems working.
My friends also have the same problem, not just me. I think Spotify should fix this as soon as possible.

I notice that something about the queue is wrong. When I play A song it displays B song sometimes. When I play A song and kill the app, and open the app again it shows C song (a local song) being my previous play. When I open the app and not playing any song (the play bar is shown), it still causes overheat. Problem gets worse as I switch songs faster. So I think there must be bug in queue function. Please fix it I used to enjoy using Spotify.

My device: Ios 14.2, iphone 11 pro

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to suggest a few more.

If you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify. It's also a good idea to make sure that there are no other apps running in the background. It's also important that the Spotify version is up-to-date.

If that doesn't help, you can check if the Spotify app has all permissions enabled in the settings of your device.

Keep us posted! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts