Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play local files iOS 11.2

Spotify won't play local files iOS 11.2

Hello,

after the iOS 11.2 Update, Spotify can't play any of my local song files.

After I click the song, Spotify stops playing and skips to the next song. If the next song is a local file too, it skips it again until it gets to a non-local file and plays it without problems. 

This happens on both of my iOS Devices after the update (iPhone 8 + iPad mini 3).

I have already reinstalled Spotify but this didn't fix it.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

11 Replies

I have the same problem (iPhone 7). I've tried to delete all the playlists imported from my library and to reinstall them, but it didn't resolve the issue. An answer from Spotify or a suggestion from the community would be really appreciated.

I’ve had this problem as well. I love having all my music in one place, so it’s great to be able to have some of my music that can’t be found on Spotify still in my playlists. However on the last week of so, my playlist will stop before a “local” song, or skip to playlist radio. This especially sucks as I do a lot of driving and often have to pull over to keep the music playing, or waste a lot of data downloading new music without realising. The first second of the song is played, before it playing stops all together. 

Hey Spotify! When the **bleep** ads you going to fix this sh!t?! I am going to delete my service if this isn’t fixed. It’s come to the point where I can’t tell which songs I can play or not. Apple Music doesn’t have this issue. FIX IT ALREADY

I talked to Customer Service on Twitter a week or so ago.

Their "solution" was to add the files via Wi-Fi using the Spotify Desktop app instead of through the "Import Your Music" option right there in the app. That did work for me, but I'm not gonna go back to adding music by connecting my music player to the computer.

This is a BIG problem. Spotty - PLEASE come up with a fix for this bug ASAP!!!

Same problem here, hopefully they are going to do something

Hope they fix this soon !!!

I have this same problem, I have playlists that have files from my computer in them and I have the playlists downloaded on my iPhone 6. If i try to start with specific songs, Spotify refuses to play music, or if they come up in shuffle, they will just skip over the track, sometimes skipping other tracks that were never local files on my computer. This problem didn't start until Tuesday, March 7th. It's really frustrating because a lot of the songs that won't play happen to be my favorite songs. They still play fine on my computer, however I spend the majority of my time listening on my iPhone. I pay for premium which makes it even more frustrating that I'm being given a faulty product. I've tried troubleshooting with changing playback and streaming settings but nothing seems to have worked. Not even deleting and reinstalling the app. Why should I even use the service if it doesn't work as promised? Especially if I'm having to pay for it.

Hi! I'm having this problem, too.  Please fix this!! It's the only way I can listen to Lemonade on Spotify.  And y'all don't even offer it anyways...smh

GUYS I FINALLY FIX IT!! (GETTING LOCAL FILES TO OTHER DEVICES)2018 the Spotify instructions said both pc and the device must be connected to the same internet right? So what I did was INSTEAD.. of using the home WiFi.. try to use your mobile hotspot and connect to your pc then add the local file back into the playlist and it the download.

Nopes, doesn't work.

Suggested posts