Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play local files via Spotify Connect

Solved!

Spotify won't play local files via Spotify Connect

Hi all.

I have tried to find a thread discussing the same issue i have but have not found any that covers my exact problem so here goes.

Ever since Spotify released the new Spotify Connect feature (wich is awesome!) i have not been able to play any of my local files(tracks) via it to any of my Bose systems.

I can play all the local contents just fine on my PC, my iPhone and even stream local content from my iPhone to any of the Bose units via AirPlay.I can also play any tracks found on Spotify via Spotify Connect to any of the Bose units.

What i can not do is to stream any local tracks via Spotify Connect. It seems to get stuck trying to connect to the Bose units.

Any one else had the same problem and have found an solution?

Thanks in advance! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Go to your desktop computer where your local file is. Create a playlist and add the file to it. Then go to your phone and find the playlist. Select the "download" switch, so it downloads. Now Spotify Connect will work (once it finishes downloading).

Worked for me!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have the same problem, but so far no solution either, sorry 😞

Spotify Connect doesn't support local files.

Spotify Connect streams directly from Spotify's server, and the local files are stored on your device, so there is no way for Spotify to stream the local files.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Why can't they just fix this issue already so that Spotify connect can play local files? If airplay can do it then it shouldn't be that difficult.
Marked as solution

Go to your desktop computer where your local file is. Create a playlist and add the file to it. Then go to your phone and find the playlist. Select the "download" switch, so it downloads. Now Spotify Connect will work (once it finishes downloading).

Worked for me!

Suggested posts