Spotify won't sync local files to iphone

Solved!

Re: Spotify won't sync local files to iphone

tristaofernando

dude, you deserve a trophy. very very thank you

filthpig22

Thank you, not only was i able to sync my Local File songs. ALSO, I saved gigabytes of space on my Iphone! You're a life saver, kind sir/lady!

drinner
Casual Listener

I know right?!  Seriously, it's like these guys are refusing to listen...  

drinner
Casual Listener

no it's not "only him" with the problem, I am having the problem too, and it's pissing me off.  I have done everything you guys have said more than once... still nothing.  

karlmacnaughton
Regular

Agreed, none of what's listed in this thread works for me at all. Android phone and Windows 10. Everything that I don't need to download to the phone (i.e. the tracks on Spotify) downloads fine, anything local to my PC just stays greyed out an won't play anywhere else. I'm not convinced it's actually possible.

mike_vengeance
Roadie

it certainly works.

Things to verify:

• clean reinstall on both devices (computer and mobile device)
  • offline devices are ok (check here)
  • check if computer has antivirus/firewall active. Either disable them or allow spotify on them.
  • follow steps here
  • remember that both (computer and mobile device) should be turned on (and both on the Spotify app, of course) while syncing.

it should work. I have my local files synced on my iPhone as we speak

:)

Kiffmeister

I'm having this problem on a sporadic basis, but I wonder if it's because I'm using a work-issued iPhone and the IT security people have installed something that blocks the download over wifi?

frankmilnes

I can't find the answer which said try turning on personal hotspot in settings. I had tried all the other solutions and none worked but simple solution of turning on hotspot in settings did the trick instantly for me - thank you whoever it was who suggested it!

madattak
Casual Listener

After trying loads of the above, mine finally worked when I connected my laptop to the ethernet, turned on portable hotspot, and connected my phone to it. 

angelicify

Same here on iPhone, madattak's personal hotspot trick was the only solution that worked for me, thank you!

SUGGESTED POSTS