Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting Spotify causes ios 10 to reboot

Starting Spotify causes ios 10 to reboot

Since upgrading to the latest spotify and ios 10.02 after about 20 seconds of spotify being open the phone reboots itself

I've removed spotify hard reboot and reinstalled but no change. No other apps have this problem

Doesnt matter if i start audio playing or not or even if im logged in to my account
I have a 6s and plenty of disk space

Thanks

Dave
5 Replies

Hi,

Is this happening with any other apps? I know you said no below, but have you truly tested all your apps? The reason I ask is becuase the way that iOS works, app that have problems will crash themselves and not force the entire phone to reboot. The fact your phone is rebooting indicates that there's something greater happening at the system level.

Just upgraded to ios 10.1 and no change. Only spotify that crashes phone...

Still crashes phone randomly - tried creating a new account - same deal - I guess next step is to wipe phone to factory settings 😞

Still not resolved. After about 5-6 reboots it seems to work fine until i close spotify

I found the Speedtest.net app reboots phone sometimes in a similar way. But otherwise phone works perfectly

Even in airplane mode it still crashes!

Any ideas what could cause this. As i would love to use spotify more

Since the latest spotify update worse then ever. Tried changing language region
Cannot get spotify to settle down anymore and reboots phone at about 20 seconds from
Launching app

Suggested posts