Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stopping and Starting

Stopping and Starting

Im not sure if its a wider issue or just mine- but since the last ios update spotify has been randomly shutting down mid-song regardless of if my screen is locked or not. I have a strong internet connection and I’ve cleared my cache but it hasn’t cleared up. Anyone have any ideas? 
cheers, 

Al. 

6 Replies

Hey @AllBee007 

I've been having this issue with the iOS app too.

Summary of what happens to me: Open Spotify iOS app, play music, turn iPhone screen off or put Spotify in background to use other apps, after about 1-3 minutes the music stops and the Spotify app has crashed

Spotify is currently investigating this issue. If I hear any updates I will let you know.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks so much!

Hey @AllBee007 

Version 8.7.32 is starting to roll out on the iOS app store.

Please update to this latest Spotify iOS app version 8.7.32 and let me know if the app is still crashing in the background when listening to music.

Automatic updates can take a while to roll out so the best thing to do is follow these steps here and if you don't see the update there, you can try to search for "Spotify" in the iOS app store and click the "update" button if it appears:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202180

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Awesome! Thanks a ton

Same issue here but I have 8.7.34 version. For both me and my wife the playback stops and app has to be restarted. Havent found a pattern yet bitvis started quite recently, like a few days ago. 

Hey @Marol73!

Could you confirm that Spotify is allowed to access local network? You can check that in your iPhone's settings > Privacy > Local Network. Make sure also that the Background App Refresh for Spotify is turned on (Settings > General > Background App Refresh).

If you haven't already, try switching to Mobile data to see if the issue would persist. If you're using any battery optimization apps / settings, disable them temporarily since they may be hindering Spotify's performance.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts