Country

Switzerland

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hey!

I had a question, because I got a gift card in the Apple App Store, and I wanted to know if it was possible to pay the Student subscription with the money on my iTunes account. I saw that there was in app payement options, but not the student subscription (attached piece - screenshot of the options of the app store in app payement)

Capture.JPG
2 Replies

Hey,

So Spotify Staff (or Rock Stars) or anyone who knows better than me can correct me, but I'm afraid there isn't any way of paying Spotify with your App Store gift card balance. In general, I don't think there is any way of paying Spotify via an in-app purchase, despite there being these in-app purchases listed.

I hope this answer was helpful and that you can find something else to spend your iTunes balance on. Have a great day!

Hey there @Aslaue,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

Just wanted to jump in with some extra info. In the past it was possible to get Premium using Apple’s in-app payment system. That's probably why you can still see the in-app payment options. But as @PrettyMuchSwiss has already mentioned, this is no longer an option for new subscribers.

For full information on this and a list of available payment methods in your country, you can check out this support page.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts