Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

TROUBLE: Spotify Mobile App iOS 13.6 on iPad 2019

TROUBLE: Spotify Mobile App iOS 13.6 on iPad 2019

Hi. A longtime Spotify Premium user here.

Having a few troubling and unnecessary annoyances with the Spotify mobile app. 

1. Spotify doesn’t play in the background  if any other app is running. It used to play in the background so idk why it doesn’t do so now.

2. Spotify works normally at first but after a few songs are normally played:

- it’ll randomly skip to next track before current track plays through completely 

- Spotify stops instantly stops playing when I put my iPad to sleep or on lock

- at first, Spotify plays songs as it normally should but then it freezes/lags leaving me with no other option except for closing and reopening the app.

I haven’t tested this on my iPhone 11 Pro Max yet. But I did the following on my iPad:
1. Updated Spotify to latest version 
2. Updated to latest iOS (13.6)

3. Did a hard reset (the 10sec one)

4. Did the backup, erase, start new all over again, restore backup thing.

I have a few general questions I’d like answered too.

1. Why isn’t there a Spotify Chrome extension and Web Player for mobile devices?

2. Will this be available on mobile devices?

3. Regarding syncing or auto syncing across devices:

- Idk if the Spotify mobile app on my iPad and iPhone has this option on. How can I check?

- If it’s not on, can I enable this option on both devices?

- If sync is automatic, will my library, all my playlists and downloaded songs sync between both devices if I uninstalled and reinstalled the app or will I have to do everything all over again ?

Also, syncing local songs, can I do this after reinstalling the app on my mobile devices? If not, why? My local music playlists are still present in my Spotify library but they are all now blank/empty. 

Thanks!

1 Reply

I’m having the same issues with the app. It will randomly skip songs and the. Won’t play download songs period. When I am not on wifi I can’t listen at all and I’m a premium member with the most updated iOS. Even on wifi it lags or won’t play at all. Why?!

Suggested posts