Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The play button doesn’t work and I can’t play anything on my iphone

Solved!

The play button doesn’t work and I can’t play anything on my iphone

I can listen to music on my laptop but not my phone. The play buttons are unresponsive and no play bar appears when I’m listening on my laptop. I can switch devices from laptop to phone but nothing plays after and again no play bar. The only change was me updating my iOS since I last listened on my phone. Is there an incompatibility between the new iOS and the app?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we recommend you to start off with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone device. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

On another note, and if that doesn't do the trick, would you mind letting us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the exact Spotify version you have running?

Lastly, and just to confirm, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we recommend you to start off with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone device. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

On another note, and if that doesn't do the trick, would you mind letting us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the exact Spotify version you have running?

Lastly, and just to confirm, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

The first thing I did was reinstalled it but that didn’t change anything. I was using Wi-Fi when this issue happened. I’m actually travelling right now so I’m in a different country and using different Wi-Fi, i tried the app again and it didn’t work for a second and then it did so I’m not fully sure what’s going on. 

I have an iPhone 13 mini with the 16.0.3 iOS and the 8.7.68.568 app version (I have noticed there was a new update released yesterday).

As of this moment it’s working fine but I will check when im back home if there’s an issue.

Thank you for your quick response and help.

Hey @AmalieA,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you're having any issues in the future. 🙂

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts