Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

There are songs I can't play & grayed out

There are songs I can't play & grayed out

Ever since I have listened on Spotify, I've always thought that there are no songs on spotify from my country (Philippines). Not until one of my friends told me that there ARE local songs on spotify. I played a song from the Spotify on their phone and it worked; the song played and whole album is available.

I also tried to unhide the unplayable songs. The whole album showed after I did that, but then all the songs are grayed out.

How come some of the songs can't play with my account (I am a Premium user), yet these songs play on another account?

I hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

Here's a screenshot of the album:

13095930_10205649827115011_2078657216157281414_n.jpg

6 Replies

Hi, 

I'm also having the same issue. I used to have a premium subscription and now I have am on free. All of the songs are grayed out and I can't play any of them on my iPhone. I can play them on my desktop PC. I tried reinstalling the app but nothing works. I also tried to enable the offline mode or enable download over cellular and nothing works. Please advise on how to fix this. 

@riaaasg wrote:

Ever since I have listened on Spotify, I've always thought that there are no songs on spotify from my country (Philippines). Not until one of my friends told me that there ARE local songs on spotify. I played a song from the Spotify on their phone and it worked; the song played and whole album is available.

I also tried to unhide the unplayable songs. The whole album showed after I did that, but then all the songs are grayed out.

How come some of the songs can't play with my account (I am a Premium user), yet these songs play on another account?

I hope you guys can help me. Thanks!

Here's a screenshot of the album:

13095930_10205649827115011_2078657216157281414_n.jpg

Hey @riaaasg

Check your account page here:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Does the other premium account have the same country listed as yours?

Some music is not available in some countries due to the agreements with record labels. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! I checked it, and we were both listed in the Philippines.

How come the songs play on his iPhone, but not on mine?

Thanks for the help!

Hey @Riaasg

This seems an odd one, but I'd love to help out with this.

Just to check, are you able to play the tracks when logging in with your account on another device?

Also, could you let us know the Spotify URI to one of the troublesome albums? You can get this by tapping "..." > Share > Copy Link.

Thanks in advance for this info 🙂

Same here spofify Philippines
But cannot play my songs
SPECIALLY PAROKYA NI EDGAR.
ITS ALL GRAYED OUT.
FILIPINO HERE, IN PHILIPPINES I HAVE ALL MY ACCOUNT SET UP IN PH. EVEN MY PHONE IS SET UP IN PH.
SkelletonZ

I'm having the same problem as well.

Suggested posts