Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Newest update and issues on ipod touch

I want to say that I normally don't go to the trouble to write such a detailed review but the newest release of Spotify for iOS is causing major headaches for me. Let's see where to begin...1st of all Spotify seems to keep making the app more and mor...

• Gig Goer
  • I want to say that I normally don't go to the trouble to write such a detailed review but the newest release of Spotify for iOS is causing major headaches for me.   Let's see where to begin......
  • TrevorGriffiths
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Troubleshooting

I cant get my playlist to be organized by the date i added the song on my iphone. i restarted the app, deleted it, then downloaded it again and it still wont change. what can i do to solve this issue?

• I cant get my playlist to be organized by the date i added the song on my iphone. i restarted the app, deleted it, then downloaded it again and it still wont change. what can i do to solve this issue?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Family Plan not working

I'm a part of a family plan, everyone else in this plan has a working premium account. My subscription is labeled as free. I asked my host and they said that I was in it. Is there any possible way to fix this issue?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a part of a family plan, everyone else in this plan has a working premium account. My subscription is labeled as free. I asked my host and they said that I was in it. Is there any possible way to...
  • MichaelGK
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music stops

Randomly my Spotify stops and goes to my main screen. It's like the app crashes. It could be 10 secs into a song or 3 into playlist. Wifi and data on. Albums play no problem

• Regular
  • Randomly my Spotify stops and goes to my main screen. It's like the app crashes. It could be 10 secs into a song or 3 into playlist. Wifi and data on. Albums play no problem
  • MichaelGK
  • Gig Goer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone

BUEN DÍA, ALGUIEN QUE ME PUEDA APOYAR NO PUEDO INICIAR LA SESION DESDE LA APLICACION EN MI IPHONE NI EN LA COMPUTADORA PERO SI EN LA PAGINA WEB.*YA CAMBIE LA CONTRASEÑA Y NADAY EN LA WEB SI ME DEJA ENTRAR

• BUEN DÍA,   ALGUIEN QUE ME PUEDA APOYAR NO PUEDO INICIAR LA SESION DESDE LA APLICACION EN MI IPHONE NI EN LA COMPUTADORA PERO SI EN LA PAGINA WEB. *YA CAMBIE LA CONTRASEÑA Y NADA Y EN LA WEB...
  • riccardobass
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Car

Hi,I'm having issues getting Spotify to play in my car. I have it connected via usb and whenever I open Spotify and push play, it plays for about a second and then switches to my music library on my phone. All of the songs I have in library play perf...

• Hi, I'm having issues getting Spotify to play in my car. I have it connected via usb and whenever I open Spotify and push play, it plays for about a second and then switches to my music library on m...
  • John_Madden
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Error:4 even with full internet wifi connection

Spotify currently says that it cannot connect with Wifi, on both iPhone or Macbook. Works perfectly fine on 4G network and have tried different Wifi networks still won't work. Nothing wrong with the Wifi connection as every other browser/website work...

• Spotify currently says that it cannot connect with Wifi, on both iPhone or Macbook. Works perfectly fine on 4G network and have tried different Wifi networks still won't work.   Nothing wrong ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline music not playing

I have downloaded multiple albums offline but they won't play offline and I don't know why, please help

• Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded multiple albums offline but they won't play offline and I don't know why, please help
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Continually kicked out of Spotify on iPad2

For months now, I keep getting kicked out of Spotify on my iPad2 after a period of time (sometimes 15-20 minutes, sometimes less). Didn't use to have this issue: I've updated to the most recent operating system and the most recent Spotify update, but...

• Casual Listener
  • For months now, I keep getting kicked out of Spotify on my iPad2 after a period of time (sometimes 15-20 minutes, sometimes less).  Didn't use to have this issue: I've updated to the most recent...
  • Spaceboy88
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection issues

Works on laptop, experiencing probs with my iPhone 6s. Everything was fine yesterday, this morn in my car and at work not so much. I attached a pic of the error message. Tried logging out/in, also deleted the app and reinstalled...nothing is working....

• Works on laptop, experiencing probs with my iPhone 6s. Everything was fine yesterday, this morn in my car and at work not so much. I attached a pic of the error message. Tried logging out/in, also de...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

all my music that i saved gone!!

so i basically just opened the app on my iphone to listen to ALL the music I saved and i go to my music and all it says is "your favourite songs will appear". this all happened only on my mobile device. i went to my laptop and all my music was fine o...

• so i basically just opened the app on my iphone to listen to ALL the music I saved and i go to my music and all it says is "your favourite songs will appear". this all happened only on my mobile devi...
  • ht819911
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Available songs not appearing in searches

I've recently updated to Premium and found that certain songs which are available on the Spotify library just aren't showing up in my searches.I've reinstalled the software since upgrading, but that hasn't fixed anything.Gucci Mane - Lemonade is one ...

• I've recently updated to Premium and found that certain songs which are available on the Spotify library just aren't showing up in my searches. I've reinstalled the software since upgrading, but tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not sync

I'm pretty sure I'm doing things right, but everytime I go to put music on this ipod for my playlist at work nothing happens, yet everything syncs just fine for my android device. Any ideas as to whats going on? Everything is upto date and Im followi...

• I'm pretty sure I'm doing things right, but everytime I go to put music on this ipod for my playlist at work nothing happens, yet everything syncs just fine for my android device. Any ideas as to wha...
  • alyssawest-au
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App logs out and erases my offline Music on IOS

Two days ago, my Spotify account logged out automatically on my IPhone 5s erasing all my 2000 available offline songs. I logged in again that same day and had to wait overnight for all my music to download. Today I woked up to find that my app had lo...

• Casual Listener
  • Two days ago, my Spotify account logged out automatically on my IPhone 5s erasing all my 2000 available offline songs. I logged in again that same day and had to wait overnight for all my music to do...
  • Valtercbn
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod touch compatibility

I have an old I pod touch and speaker set. The speakers don't run of Bluetooth or wifi. I wanted to permently plug in my iPod touch so I can change the music from my computer. I can click on the green text and switch between computer and phone. Howev...

• I have an old I pod touch and speaker set. The speakers don't run of Bluetooth or wifi. I wanted to permently plug in my iPod touch so I can change the music from my computer. I can click on the gree...
  • nickh_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can login using browser but not when using iPad app

Just upgraded to Premium Family.Seemed to be working fine, sent invite, got family member logged in and can see the family member as active on the admin account.Family member can log-in using browser but when using iPad app can't.Have tried changing ...

• Just upgraded to Premium Family. Seemed to be working fine, sent invite, got family member logged in and can see the family member as active on the admin account. Family member can log-in using bro...
  • marlonsphere
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where is the settings menu on iPhone 7?

I have an iPhone 7 that is running iOS 10 and i cannot find the settings menu anywhere. The only options I can see are Home, Browse, Search, Radio, and Your Library. If anyone could help me find the settings menu that'd be great, this is maddening.

• I have an iPhone 7 that is running iOS 10 and i cannot find the settings menu anywhere. The only options I can see are Home, Browse, Search, Radio, and Your Library. If anyone could help me find the ...
  • marlonsphere
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot login on iOS 6.1.6 (iTouch)

Recently booted up my old iTouch (running iOS 6.1.6) and I'm completely unable to log in via Facebook. I type in the required bits, then end up with a page full of complete gibberish as opposed to any form of actual login. Very frustrated, nothing I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently booted up my old iTouch (running iOS 6.1.6) and I'm completely unable to log in via Facebook. I type in the required bits, then end up with a page full of complete gibberish as opposed to an...
  • marlonsphere
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I keep getting ads on IPad even tho I have Premium

I have Premium. I don't get any ads on my computer. On my IPad tho, I keep getting ads. Is the IPad different? When I tried Spotify Help, it said to "log out" but I can't figure out how to do that on the IPad version. Also, on my computer, I can exit...

• Gig Goer
  • I have Premium. I don't get any ads on my computer. On my IPad tho, I keep getting ads. Is the IPad different? When I tried Spotify Help, it said to "log out" but I can't figure out how to do that on...
  • marlonsphere
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes