Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks added to Your Music on desktop don't show in iOS app

Tracks added to Your Music on desktop don't show in iOS app

I was given the Your Music feature today, so I enthusiastically selected all 7000+ tracks in my Starred playlist and saved them to the Your Music section. This worked great in the desktop app (which I think is still version 0.9.7 because I don't have the new design yet), but the changes haven't been replicated in the iOS app for me. My iPhone has been connected to two different WiFi networks all day and it still only displays the few tracks I've added from the iPhone itself. I've tried restarting the app (and even my phone because my battery went for a small amount of time), but the problem persists.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it a bug?
23 Replies

Hello @calumjames !

Had that problem myself but the tracks showed up after a short while. How long ago was it you added the tracks? You could also try to log out and in again.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

It was between 10 and 12 hours ago that I added them all (I can't remember the exact time).

I'm surprised I didn't consider logging out and back in again. Thank you for the suggestion. I've just tried that, but they're still not showing up.

Thank you for letting me know about your experience; hopefully that means they'll show up for me soon as well.

No problem! Did you select all at once when added Your Music or if not, how many did you select each time?

I am having this problem too. Since I started using Spotify a couple years ago, I primarily create playlists for albums I live. So I am loving the new "Your Music / Albums" feature. Problem is, I want to populate this section on desktop, which is a bit easier to use, and have it show up on mobile so I can listen on the go. A couple albums showed up, and that was it. Nothing else seems to be syncing over to my phone. It's only been an hour so I'll check back tomorrow and try logging out and back in, but this is kind of frustrating...

Where in the iOS interface do you even go to see the songs in Your Music?

same problem here. 

Also, when i "save" a song, then go back to that song's listing in the album view, it doesn't show that song as "saved"

Is people still having problems here or has the tracks showed up on your phone?

I am still having problems.

I am debating deleting the Spotify app off my phone and re-installing it. Do you think that could help?

I am also still having this problem, it is not synced  up at all. Can we get an official response to this??

Thanks for letting me know. I will see if i can get some more information about this!

Hello!

I have some information now. The problem is probably that you can't add all your music at once if the playlist exceeds 500 tracks to Your Music. So if your playlist has 2000 tracks you have to add the tracks in batches max 500 tracks or something around that each time. 

Chris,

this is not helping the situation unfortunately

I have run a test where i delete all tracks from "your music" on desktop version, and nothin changes on my "your music" songs list on the mobile device

Yea I tried the same thing with only 10 tracks and it didn't work

Thanks for letting me know. Will investigate further then.

FYI, havin the same problem, latest version of the desktop-app and latest version of the IOS-app, only saved one album at a time. Saving an album on the phone makes it appear almost immediately in the dektop app though. 

Do they appear after you restart both apps?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Nope, same thing after reboot, havn't tried reinstallation nor from another computer but will try on a computer at home later! 

Just realized that they have synced now, so about 10h for the adds on my computer to register in the phone

And now the syncing is really fast. Phone on 3G, computer at wifi as they've been all the time. 

Suggested posts