Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Ipad mini

Operating System

iOS 10, I guess

My Question or Issue

I've made a playlist a long time ago. Usually when I listen to it, if it is on shuffle or not, it works how I like it and the way it is supposed to work. It shuffles when I want it to shuffle and it doesn't shuffle when I don't want it to shuffle, it repeats when I want it and so on. 

Now, I had my iPad/spotify connected to a chromecast and it works like above - normally. Today however when I selected the song I wanted it to play - it was halfway through the list - and not to shuffle, it played the song and then it started to play the first song on the list, which is strange. It doesn't matter which song I start, it starts the playlist from the top no matter what.

I've already checked if my account was hacked and it appeared not to be so, since the last time it was, they changed my account to family plan and I was able to see their account names and stuff, which I deleted, and afterwards I changed my password and so on.

Is this a common problem? And is there a solution to it? 

Greetings! 

1 Reply

Hey @yvonnewint92.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

Hm, that's odd! Is this happening with just this one playlist? How many songs does it have? Does the playlist play normally when you are not connected to the Chromecast?

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind restarting your device and performing a clean reinstall of your app by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience such as the one you're having.

Could you also provide us with the Spotify app version you're running?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Suggested posts