Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Chromecast to an Audio Group (Multiple Chromecast Audio devices in sync)

Unable to Chromecast to an Audio Group (Multiple Chromecast Audio devices in sync)

I'm having issues sending Chromecast Audio from my iPhone 6 running the latest version of iOS 10.2 and Spotify 6.8.0 to an Audio Group (multiple speakers/chromecast audio devices).

One of my devices is a Vizio Soundbar. The other is a Chromecast Audio hooked up to an old pair of bluetooth speakers.

Google Music works fine and can Cast audio to both in sync.

Soundbar: Vizio SB3821-D6 38" 2.1 Channel SmartCast™ Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer from Costco Firmware version: v1.0.3.1 / Cast version: 1.18.60243

Vizio Soundbar firmware infoVizio Soundbar firmware infoSpotify targetsSpotify targetsGoogle Music available targetsGoogle Music available targetsGoogle Music successfully playing to the Multiplayer audio group in syncGoogle Music successfully playing to the Multiplayer audio group in syncSpotify iOS version infoSpotify iOS version info

7 Replies

I have the same problem since last week

Hah, I've had this problem since I got the 2nd Chromecast Audio device back in November. Just finally got around to posting about it. Hope Spotify can fix this.

Hey guys, I believe there is an ongoing issue with Vizio soundbars and Google Cast for Spotify not working. The Spotify devs are aware of the issue, however there is no ETA for a solution at this point in time unfortunately.

This is actually a different issue as I don't have a problem casting audio to my Vizio soundbar. I have a problem using it in a synchronized Chromecast Audio group.

I'm having the same issue. My issue is with Google home and my Vizio sound bar which is in a group called Whole Home. I am able to cast to the speakers individually with no problem, however when I cast to the group the Google Home speaker plays but the Vizio sound bar does not.

Same issue (this is NOT a Spotify issue) here - started a few days ago (it was working). SB will NOT stay playing when part of an audio group - but will accept direct cast. After a SB factory reset (done several times) and setup the SB will play in the group for a while but then drops out. Contacted Vizio and they blamed Google. Contacted Google Home and they blamed Vizio - siting firmware version. Contacted Vizio and they said they "publish what Google gives them". This is maddening for sure. Prior to v1.25 audio groups would drop all but one device over time (now appears fixed) - so must suspect Vizio firmware update is badly needed.

Vizio SB3821-D6 - System firmware: 28300 Cast Firmware: 1.21.75965
Google Home - System firmware: 90387 Cast Firmware: 1.25.90387
On Google WiFi mesh network - casting to 4 Google Home devices and one SB3821

My Chromecast Audio devices had major problems when streaming in a group.

One of two stayed most of the time in standby, or suddenly disappered from devices cast list. Also the devices needed ages to appear in cast list.

Disabled "Airtime fairness" in my routers WLAN settings, and now my chromecast problems are gone. 

Be sure to have these router settings enabled:

Multicast, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP), IGMP snooping

Optional enabled: Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)

Be sure to have these router settings disabled::

AP/client isolation, proxy servers, IGMP Proxy, virtual private networks (VPNs)

Suggested posts