Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

iPhone 13 mini

Operating System

iOS 15.7

My Question or Issue

I am unable to listen to local files on my iPhone. I have uploaded the songs into Spotify on my laptop, and followed all the steps to have them transfer to my phone. Local files are turned on on my iPhone and laptop, the playlists with the local files are downloaded and available offline, and both the laptop and phone are on the same WiFi. The songs are still grayed out on my iPhone and every time I try to listen to them on my phone they don't play and give the same "Sync song to this iPhone" message. I've looked countless things up and can't find any alternative ways to fix this. What can I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @kd12345,

Thank you for posting in the Community.

Local Files on mobile have been completely revamped. We can confirm that it's no longer possible to sync files from the desktop app to the phone - instead the audio files need to be stored on the phone itself.  We recommend that you have a look at this article.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Have a great start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @kd12345,

Thank you for posting in the Community.

Local Files on mobile have been completely revamped. We can confirm that it's no longer possible to sync files from the desktop app to the phone - instead the audio files need to be stored on the phone itself.  We recommend that you have a look at this article.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Have a great start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I am trying to sync my local files from my desktop to my iPhone Xs, but it no longer wants to sync as of today.

I tried un-downloading and re-downloading the files, but that ended up deleting all the existing files that successfully were synced before, and now those won't go back on the device.

I think this problem is in the newer build of the app, because my iPod touch (on an older version) was able to sync successfully today, after facing the same issue on my iPhone.

My other iPhone also couldn't sync the local files.

Desktop:

Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Desktop App:

Spotify for Windows
1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c

iOS device 1:

iPhone Xs on iOS 14.8, with Spotify app version 8.7.68.568

iOS device 2:

iPod Touch (7th Generation) on iOS 14.7.1, with Spotify app version 8.6.68.1328

iOS device 3:

iPhone 8 Plus on iOS 15.6.1, with Spotify app version 8.7.68.568

Suggested posts