Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unwanted tracks.

Solved!

Unwanted tracks.

Lately i’ve noticed that if I open up one of my own playlists or albums and I play the first track the second and subsequent tracks are not from my playlist or album.

This is very frustrating as I usually listen to spotify when driving and not able to keep hitting the next track in my playlist or album.

Theres a reason why the tracks that are added are not in my playlist...Its because I don’t want them. We’re paying for the service let us choose what we listen to.

If this cant be stopped I’ll have to look to other music streaming services.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You need to press the playing song to make it full screen. Then image 1 shows where you can view your que on mobile devices (3 line icon in bottom right corner). There are multiple ways to add songs to the que. The most likely way of accidental adding is shown in image 2 (swiping to the right). Hope it helps. 
IMG_0805.jpgIMG_0806.jpg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

If the random tracks are familiar, they may have been added to a que. Spotify plays tracks in the following order: Song you pressed > qued songs > rest of  album/playlist.

If you notice this issue when you are free, try checking the que to see whether there is anything there.

its a paid account.

Thanks for the info. Being a paid account stops the 'we added' feature where Spotify automatically makes your playlist contain 15 songs, so we can rule this out as the problem. Can you confirm that queing wasn't the cause of unwanted songs?

how do i find queing and how do you activate it?
Maybe it is but I didn’t turn it on.

Marked as solution

You need to press the playing song to make it full screen. Then image 1 shows where you can view your que on mobile devices (3 line icon in bottom right corner). There are multiple ways to add songs to the que. The most likely way of accidental adding is shown in image 2 (swiping to the right). Hope it helps. 
IMG_0805.jpgIMG_0806.jpg

Thanks.
Unsure how all those tracks got added but ive cleared all except the playlist I want.
i’ll keep my eye on this be nice if you turn off this que for those of us who dont want to listen to stuff we dont want to listen to at the time.

Suggested posts