Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Waiting list changes new design

Waiting list changes new design

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Iphone X

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

Some time ago there was a design update of the Spotify app on the Iphone. Since then the access to the queue is very unintuitive.
Previously you could see directly via a green button in the upper right corner that the waiting list was actively changed and how many songs are still coming. Furthermore you could go directly to the waiting list with one click.
Now it's totally awkward. You don't see anything before and have to click several times. It took me forever to find the queue at all. This is a UI nightmare, who came up with something like this?

Still after hours of use i´m not able to use the waiting list right. It's so confusing and it's driving me crazy. You can't be serious.

1 Reply

Hey @preacha, welcome to the Community.
Hope you’re doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Currently to go to the queue or use repeat/shuffle buttons you need to tap the … top right corner.

I’d recommend supporting this idea if you don’t like this change to Spotify.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts