Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player connecting to iphone

Web Player connecting to iphone

Hi All,

When I use the web player at work, Spotify pops up on my phone. The app isn't open so I can't close it, but I can change the music on the web player from my phone.

Is this to do with Spotify connect?

I don't have wifi at work and I don't want to use my data plan - which is why I log in through the web player.

Is there a way to stop this happening?

Does this use data?

Thanks

Naomi

1 Reply

Hi Naomi!

Yes, this would be the Spotify Connect feature. I am not sure why it would connect though if you are not on a Wifi network.
To avoid any possible data usage/connection I would recommend trying to disable it.
It's possible that even if your app is not active on your phone it may be running a background process that keeps you signed in.
First thing I would try on your app is toggle the Connect function to be local devices only. (Screenshot). This will then only search for devices when you are a on local network.
Another thing you can do on this menu is diable the remote control feature of your phone.
If this isn't resolving it I would try signing out of the app and/or making sure it is not running in background while you're signed into Spotify on the web player.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or if this doesn't solution it. 🙂

Capture1.PNG

Suggested posts