Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Webplayer] - Volume control on web player affects volume on IOS16

Solved!

[Webplayer] - Volume control on web player affects volume on IOS16

When using Spotify webplayer on an Edge browser, the volume control (in app) also changes the volume on my iphone when spotify connect is on.

Happens the other way too. I can control the volume of the web player via the volume up and down on the phone.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Iphone 14 Max

Operating System

IOS16

Webplayer on edge browser

My Question or Issue

• Not sure if this was intended or not. I would expect the system volume on iphone to be independent to Spotify volume 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Lucas_1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The Web Player, when used with Connect from another device, it could change the volume bar within the app (in desktop) or the media volume (in other devices), but not the system volume of your device.

To start investigating your case, would you mind checking if this happens when using a different web browser?

Also, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running on your iPhone. This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Lucas_1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The Web Player, when used with Connect from another device, it could change the volume bar within the app (in desktop) or the media volume (in other devices), but not the system volume of your device.

To start investigating your case, would you mind checking if this happens when using a different web browser?

Also, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running on your iPhone. This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Tried Chrome and same behavior.

Spotify version on IOS = 8.7.68.568

"The Web Player, when used with Connect from another device, it could change the volume bar within the app (in desktop) or the media volume (in other devices), but not the system volume of your device."

If media volume = the volume being played via speakers on phone and System volume = Ringtone and Alert Volume, the behavior I am seeing seems to be intended then.

On the phone with "Spotify connect", the media volume (on phone) = web player volume bar. As in they are equal to each other while it is connected. 

If this is intended then this can be closed

Hey @Lucas_1,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad to know that the described behavior fits your case. In this case, we can confirm that it's an expected behavior. We appreciate the time you took reporting this issue and sharing the clarification.

In case anything else comes up, we're just a post away 🙂

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts