Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics not showing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice iPhone XROperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueLyrics have never worked. I’ve tried everything to get them to work and never successful

• Plan Premium Country USA Device  iPhone XR Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Lyrics have never worked. I’ve tried everything to ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files playing for a second and then shutting off on Mobile

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 15.2 My Question or IssueI recently upgraded to a new phone. When I went to play my Local Files for the first time, the bar at the bottom showing the song would pop up for a second, and then imm...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 15.2   My Question or Issue I recently upgraded to a new phone. When I went to play my Local Files for the first time, th...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Local files for Spotify Mobile
    Song not Playing
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Search] Search in Recently Played

I want to be able to search in my play history for songs to prove i was listening to them before they were popular.

• I want to be able to search in my play history for songs to prove i was listening to them before they were popular.
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playback pauses in IOS when Sonos playing first

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice:(iPhone SE, Sonos Play:1, Lutron Caseta, Ford bluetooth)Operating System:(iOS 15.2, Windows 10)My Issue:I took a 3 hour drive recently (mid/end December) with my phone connected via bluetooth to my vehicle. every time i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device: (iPhone SE, Sonos Play:1, Lutron Caseta, Ford bluetooth) Operating System: (iOS 15.2, Windows 10) My Issue: I took a 3 hour drive recently (mid/end De...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Troubleshooting
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Next From" heading wrong if different podcast enqueued

Plan: PremiumSpotify Version: 8.6.84.1353Country: USADevice: iPhone 12Operating System iOS 15.2 My Question or IssueIf the currently-playing podcast is from a different show than the one playing from "episodes," the "Next From" text is wrong Reproduc...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Spotify Version: 8.6.84.1353 Country: USA Device: iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 15.2   My Question or Issue If the currently-playing podcast is from a differ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
    problem
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Help!! Does deleting the app also delete your history

Hello! I need to delete and redownlod the spotify app because the descriptions no longer open on the IOS application. However, i do not want to lose my recently played history, does anyone know if your history is wiped when you delete the app?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I need to delete and redownlod the spotify app because the descriptions no longer open on the IOS application. However, i do not want to lose my recently played history, does anyone know if yo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Carplay with iPhone 12 Max Pro?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 12 Max ProOperating SystemiOS 14.4(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)VehicleVolkswagen Atlas 2021 My Question or IssueI've upgrade my phone to an iPhone 12 Max Pro, running the latest version of iOS 14.4. Volkswag...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 12 Max Pro Operating System iOS 14.4 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Vehicle Volkswagen Atlas 2021   My Question or Issue I've upg...
  • rubeduardo
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Carply
    iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No access to Start and Browse pages (iOS 9)

PlanPremiumCountry Germany DeviceiPad AirOperating SystemiOS 9.2.1 My Question or IssueSince this morning, I cannot get either Start or Browse pages in my iPad (iOS 9.2.1). I get a "An error has occurred" page including a "Try again?" button (which y...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device iPad Air Operating System iOS 9.2.1   My Question or Issue Since this morning, I cannot get either Start or Browse pages in my iPad (iOS 9....
  • m1namoto
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch announcements seem to pause spotify when on a run

I just updated both my phone to iOS 15.1 and my Watch to WatchOS 8.1.It seems like there's a new feature when you're on a run where the phone/watch reads out your distance/pace every KM to your headphones. However, when I'm listening to music with Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • I just updated both my phone to iOS 15.1 and my Watch to WatchOS 8.1. It seems like there's a new feature when you're on a run where the phone/watch reads out your distance/pace every KM to your hea...
  • Eni
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Playlists] shuffle play only on iOS while Premium

User: PremiumCountry: FinlandDevice: iPhone XsOS: iOS 15.1I am frustrated that I cannot select the songs in some of my playlists because there is only "shuffle play" available.Although once I press play, I can turn off the shuffle button in the "now ...

• Regular
  • User: Premium Country: Finland Device: iPhone Xs OS: iOS 15.1 I am frustrated that I cannot select the songs in some of my playlists because there is only "shuffle play" available. Althou...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen to devices showing as Premium only

PlanFreeCountrySwedenDeviceaiPhone 11My Question or Issue I am able to use Alexa voice command in my Echo Dot to listen to Spotify. But when I am listening on my iphone and want to switch device in the Spotify app to EchoDot, the select a device show...

• Plan Free Country Sweden Devicea iPhone 11 My Question or Issue   I am able to use Alexa voice command in my Echo Dot to listen to Spotify. But when I am listening on my iphone and want ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files cant play on my iphone

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceiphone 13 pro maxOperating Systemios 15.1.1 My Question or IssueIve imported my local files onto my laptop, added them to a playlist and am able to listen to the songs on my laptop. However, when i use my iphone to tr...

• Plan Premium Country Singapore Device iphone 13 pro max Operating System ios 15.1.1   My Question or Issue Ive imported my local files onto my laptop, added them to a playlist and am a...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No content on Apple Watch

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StateDeviceiPhone 12 Pro, Apple Watch 6Operating SystemiOS 15.1.1, Watch version 8.3 My Question or IssueI cannot see any of my library content on the Apple Watch. Under every category in My Library I see "Loading..." except ...

• Plan Premium Country United State Device iPhone 12 Pro, Apple Watch 6 Operating System iOS 15.1.1, Watch version 8.3   My Question or Issue I cannot see any of my library content on th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple Watch
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist title font incorrect on details view when starts with emoji

PremiumGermany DeviceiPhone 13 ProOperating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssuePlaylist title font is incorrect when the playlist title starts with an emoji, see screenshot  

screenshot.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Premium Germany   Device iPhone 13 Pro Operating System iOS 15   My Question or Issue Playlist title font is incorrect when the playlist title starts with an emoji, see screenshot ...
  • m_sawyer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to select specific songs in Liked Songs when "theme" is selected

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceGoogle Pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen in "Liked Songs" with a theme selected (i.e. from the options above the songs list) I can no longer select specific tracks to play. Some work, some don't - seem...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Google Pixel 3a Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When in "Liked Songs" with a theme selected (i.e. from the options above the songs list) ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won’t play to Alexa speaker group

PlanPremium CountryUS DeviceIPhone12 Operating SystemiOS - current My Question or IssueI have 4 Echo devices which I’ve never been able to get to fully work with Spotify. Recently I told each one of them “connect to Spotify” and now I can see them in...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country US   Device IPhone12   Operating System iOS - current   My Question or Issue I have 4 Echo devices which I’ve never been able to get to fully w...
  • Boson12
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle iOS default

Big big win for music today.. It seems like after many people told spotify that having random as the default album playing mode was disgusting, it took Adèle telling them to make them change this awful "feature". https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/21/en...

• Music Fan
  • Big big win for music today..   It seems like after many people told spotify that having random as the default album playing mode was disgusting, it took Adèle telling them to make them change...
  • Sonastra
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files appearing on iPhone but not playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI am an avid user of Local Files. I've been using them for over a year, a few bugs here and there but nothing I haven't solved or worked around. However, this is a new ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I am an avid user of Local Files. I've been using them for over a year, a few bugs here and ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    iphone
    local files
    not playing
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Fast selection to download albums / playlists to apple watch

I have lot of albums and I want to download all of them to my apple watch. But for now I need to open every album and select "download to apple watch". It's really inconvenient. Other option - create playlist with all albums from my mac and download ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have lot of albums and I want to download all of them to my apple watch. But for now I need to open every album and select "download to apple watch". It's really inconvenient.   Other option...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] podcast evaluation cannot be submitted

when evaluating a podcast under iOS with an iPhone SE, the button is so reduced it can disappear. The evaluation then cannot be submitted.

• Visitor
  • when evaluating a podcast under iOS with an iPhone SE, the button is so reduced it can disappear. The evaluation then cannot be submitted.
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes