Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happened to my curated downloads??

What happened to my curated downloads??

Premium Family, USA

iPhone SE

I had downloaded lots of albums, and deleted selected songs from those albums I didn't want to keep so that I could listen to the albums anytime without the songs I didn't want. But all of a sudden all of the songs I had removed from downloads reappeared in the albums! Is all of my work erased? Can you please undo this damage, or advise me if I'm missing something? Thank you.

3 Replies

Unfortuently yes, all your work is erased. Spotify have been pushing out a new UI since the start of the year. They seem to be towards the end of this process and people are not happy. It is either full album or no album in your album tab now. You also need to follow artists manually and instead of showing saved songs by that artist, it will show the artist store page.

They do not seem to be listening to customers and instead of withdrawing this UI months ago, they decided to double down and just keep forcing it on people. So now unless you used playlist exclusivly, your library is now ruined and down the drain. Easier to just jump ship to another service then it is to rebuild and maunally do all the work that the app use to do automatically.

Thank you for your reply, though it was very disappointing to hear. Who/what would you recommend we switch our Premium Family subscription to?

I switched to apple music. Seems to have the features that Spotify use to have. I tried google play music before that. But google play use to get stuck when i tried to play downloaded music. So it would just spin like it was trying to authenticate the song first while in offline mode even though it was downloaded already. So that didnt work out for me.

I also managed to get 3 months free with apple. So that was a plus haha.

Suggested posts