Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is the expected startup time for Spotify on an iPhone?

What is the expected startup time for Spotify on an iPhone?

Trying to determine if my experience is normal.  What do you get for your startup time for Spotify on an iPhone?  Are there ways to make it start faster?

I'm using an iPhone 6Plus with iOS 9.3.2 and Spotify v5.7.0.1055

My startup times--from clicking on the icon to then having the menu available--are annoyingly long and are motivating me to consider the switch to Apple Music.

16s (offline mode)

18s (online mode)

Even after rebooting my iPhone, startup times remain roughly the same.

3 Replies

Hey @NI

Startup time for me on my iPhone 6s is usually around 4 seconds.

Going from the iPhone 6 to the 6s, I did notice the app launches quicker, but for the 6 it should not take 15+ seconds to start up.

Do you have tons of playlists? About how many?

Have you tried reinstalling the Spotify app? When is the last time you reinstalled it?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Around 90 playlists

I do have a lot of offline songs--not sure how many since I can't figure out how to find the county--but still far from the 3k limit.

It's been more than a year since I reinstalled the app. Not that keen on re-installing since it will require going through all playlists again to turn some "offline" and then waiting for the sync to happen.

@NI

I have way more playlists than you and I have around 2,700 songs downloaded for offline. So that shouldn't be the problem.

Yeah, I know having to reinstall and resync for offline is a pain, but one of the troubleshooting steps is to reinstall the app and see if that helps. If you contact support they will ask you to reinstall as well.

I suggest reinstalling the Spotify app and then see if that helps. You shouldn't have to keep reinstalling it. I go months and months without reinstalling and it opens up after several seconds. Could just be some corrupt cache files that are slowing it down for you.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts