Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Whatever happened to that new Now Playing screen?

Whatever happened to that new Now Playing screen?

Announced as part of the latest Spotify update, I still haven't seen this new Now Playing screen. I know it was part of a rollout, but I've yet to even see screenshots of it on the Internet. Has anybody actually gotten this new screen yet?

8 Replies

I'm pretty sure I've seen some posts about it on the community. It's most likely a very slow rollout, so you should get it eventually 🙂

Liam

It is definitely coming, just a waiting game at the minute by the looks of things!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm still waiting as well... 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Pretty funny that they announced this nearly 2 months ago and most people don't have it.  Spotify is so bad about these things.

Can someone post a screenshot so other people can at least know what the new playing screen looks like?

Does anyone actually have it right now? The only relatively recent posts I see about this are either people still waiting for it, or people asking why they had it but now they've lost it. Maybe they've done a "silent recal"l for some reason.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Right - at this point, I'd just like to see a screenshot of it. Any kind of sign that it's rolling any faster than a snail.

I have just read about this and am too wondering when it's going to make an appearance. It's very frustrating because without that new screen there is still no way to edit or even view your Play Queue. This is very basic functionality and Spotify's attitude to fixing bugs in their apps is going to drive me a away from the service. If there was a decent competitor I'd have already gone. There are bugs and missing functionality that have been complained about for more than a year, but I guess a new icon (which is uglier than the old one might I add) is more important.

Suggested posts