Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Lost all music on my Ipod after a sync

Hi, After made a sync (asking for a back-up) between my I pod and spotify, I have lost all my music store in my ipod. I have found a file name "storage" on my pc, but all of these file are not mp3 Could you tell me where this backup has been store? H...

• Hi,   After made a sync (asking for a back-up) between my I pod and spotify, I have lost all my music store in my ipod. I have found a file name "storage" on my pc, but all of these file a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why wont spotify APP import my itunes library?

I've got a bunch of songs in my iTunes library on my iPhone and my Spotify APP is not importing them. They'll play on my Macbook Air, but not on my iPhone APP. The songs are greyed out. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• I've got a bunch of songs in my iTunes library on my iPhone and my Spotify APP is not importing them. They'll play on my Macbook Air, but not on my iPhone APP.   The songs are greyed out. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

IPad app is only a radio player? Why?

I am very happy with the Spotify app on my MacBook, so I was happy to see an app for my new iPad. But now I've found that the app only functions as a radio - and only an average one at that. I can't play my several playlists or search for and play sp...

• Casual Listener
  • I am very happy with the Spotify app on my MacBook, so I was happy to see an app for my new iPad. But now I've found that the app only functions as a radio - and only an average one at that. I can't ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Uninstall
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Possible to authorize mobile device INSTEAD of laptop with Unlimited subscription?

Hello - I have an unlimited subscription, thinking that it would allow me to listen to my playlists on my mobile device (which is what I normally use for music). Can I authorize only my iPhone for the unlimited subscription, still limiting me to one ...

• Hello - I have an unlimited subscription, thinking that it would allow me to listen to my playlists on my mobile device (which is what I normally use for music).  Can I authorize only my iPhone ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access premium

Hi- I got a new iPhone 5 and uploaded spotify- I have tried everything from re downloading , downloading premium directly off the website and rebooting the app, etc. what else can I do? I have month to month payments for premium currently- thanks in ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi- I got a new iPhone 5 and uploaded spotify- I have tried everything from re downloading , downloading premium directly off the website and rebooting the app, etc. what else can I do? I have month ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Working on one android, but not on iPhone 5

I have has spotify premium for sometime now, and my wife also used it on her iPhone 4. She just upgraded to the 5 and downloaded the app, but now spotify won't work! It works fine on my Samsung galaxy s4. Now sure what the problem is but it's super f...

• Visitor
  • I have has spotify premium for sometime now, and my wife also used it on her iPhone 4. She just upgraded to the 5 and downloaded the app, but now spotify won't work! It works fine on my Samsung galax...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Device connection/sync problems

My ipod wont seem to connect to spotify and show in the devices list. I kept ejecting and reconnecting it and shutting down Itunes but that doesn't seem to help. I have also reinstalled spotify. Any suggestions please?

• My ipod wont seem to connect to spotify and show in the devices list. I kept ejecting and reconnecting it and shutting down Itunes but that doesn't seem to help. I have also reinstalled spotify. Any ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems rearranging playlist.

I can no longer rearrange the spotify playlist on my iphone, why? It started being like that after the last update.

• Casual Listener
  • I can no longer rearrange the spotify playlist on my iphone, why? It started being like that after the last update.
  • Wonderboy75
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist freezing and not playing

On my iPad one of my playlist keeps freezing. I can't scroll through the songs or skip, it won't let me do anything. Then it only plays one song from the playlist and stops. I've tried powering down my iPad but that doesn't work.

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPad one of my playlist keeps freezing. I can't scroll through the songs or skip, it won't let me do anything. Then it only plays one song from the playlist and stops. I've tried powering do...
  • Jpinon28
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

can't get songs to download to offline

it just shows a spinning thinking circle... forever. and ever. I have premium. and I've tried stopping the sync, flipping it back on, closing app, downloading only a one song playlist.. nothing works. please help. this is taking much value out of my ...

• Casual Listener
  • it just shows a spinning thinking circle... forever. and ever. I have premium. and I've tried stopping the sync, flipping it back on, closing app, downloading only a one song playlist.. nothing works...
  • Jenholdren
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Either song has a problem or local copy is corrupted.

When i play Pink Floyd's Pigs (Three Different Ones) off of animals, about 1:20 in or so it cosistently says unable to play track. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling the app??

• Visitor
  • When i play Pink Floyd's Pigs (Three Different Ones) off of animals, about 1:20 in or so it cosistently says unable to play track. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling the app??
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot play songs offline

Hi, my songs won't sync on my iphone. No problems from my Ipad. i'm going on a two weeks vacation soon and I am desperate to get this to work. what to do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   my songs won't sync on my iphone. No problems from my Ipad. i'm going on a two weeks vacation soon and I am desperate to get this to work.   what to do?
  • gak
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Dragging Playlists

Is it possible to drag music from Spotify to my Itunes library?

• Is it possible to drag music from Spotify to my Itunes library?
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops after about 2 minutes on ipad app

I have a premium account and use Spotify on desktop, iphone and ipad. Desktop and iphone are working fine but my ipad app stops playing music after about 2 minutes. I get no message such as 'we paused play as another device is using your account' (it...

• I have a premium account and use Spotify on desktop, iphone and ipad.   Desktop and iphone are working fine but my ipad app stops playing music after about 2 minutes. I get no message such a...
  • Choochtown
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent playlists don't sync offline

For some days now my three newer playlist don't stay available offline even if I set them to be so. Each time I reopen spotify I have to do it again... most annoying!! Please fix it!!

• Visitor
  • For some days now my three newer playlist don't stay available offline even if I set them to be so. Each time I reopen spotify I have to do it again... most annoying!! Please fix it!!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot install premium on iPad

Already pay for the premium service, but cannot.get this onto the iPad,only the standard version.Can anyone help please?

• Already pay for the premium service, but cannot.get this onto the iPad,only the standard version. Can anyone help please?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps randomly stopping on my iPod touch.

Spotify keeps stalling in my iPod touch. I've tried logging out and back I again but no better. Then tried deleting the App and reinstalling but now it's constantly trying to connect and I can't get any of my tracks. Can someone help me to resolve.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify keeps stalling in my iPod touch. I've tried logging out and back I again but no better. Then tried deleting the App and reinstalling but now it's constantly trying to connect and I can't get ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium trail period finished but have account

Hi all, Have a premium account. Works perfectly on my samsung, android phone, but now I got a new iPad and it says the trail period has finished....but it does play all music. Bit strange. Logged in and out several timesLogged out , reinstalled app a...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   Have a premium account. Works perfectly on my samsung, android phone, but now I got a new iPad and it says the trail period has finished....but it does play all music. Bit strange. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

RADIO STATIONS LIMITED TO 20 ?!?!

Added 30 radio stations via my Mac (OSX 10.8.2). Those 30 stations DO appear on my iPad 3 (iOS 6.0.1). ONLY 20 of them appear on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.1). And, most strange of all, ONLY 20 stations now appear on my Mac. What's up ??

• Added 30 radio stations via my Mac (OSX 10.8.2).   Those 30 stations DO appear on my iPad 3 (iOS 6.0.1).   ONLY 20 of them appear on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.1).   And, most st...
  • michaellythgoe
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Just opened account using email address and cannot login to mobile app.

Just created a new login using my email address on the web site. I can login into the web site just fine, however the app on my iPad keeps telling me that my login information is invalid.

• Casual Listener
  • Just created a new login using my email address on the web site. I can login into the web site just fine, however the app on my iPad keeps telling me that my login information is invalid. 
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes