Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Discover feature for ipad

Does the Discover music feature exist on the ipad? I found it on my ipone but not ipad. It's probably staring me right in the face.

• Visitor
  • Does the Discover music feature exist on the ipad?  I found it on my ipone but not ipad.  It's probably staring me right in the face.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Deactivate Pause syncing

I was wondering if there's a way to deactivate the option that pause the syncing of the playlist, and if there's not that would be a request cause is annoying to have to check every time if your songs are syncing

• I was wondering if there's a way to deactivate the option that pause the syncing of the playlist, and if there's not that would be a request cause is annoying to have to check every time if your song...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • syncing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stops with Chevrolet

When I plug my iphone into my chevrolet spark (with the standard audio system), spotify plays song, but when I try to change song with the car commands, it stops playing and I have to restart spotify to play another song. Anyone have this problem? Ho...

• When I plug my iphone into my chevrolet spark (with the standard audio system), spotify plays song, but when I try to change song with the car commands, it stops playing and I have to restart spotify...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Whats New

Why can't we have both What's New and Discover? Why do we need to choose? I far prefer the What's New feature as I like hearing the new releases. The Discover page rarely turns me on to new music I enjoy. Your idea of similar music/bands does not mat...

• Why can't we have both What's New and Discover?  Why do we need to choose? I far prefer the What's New feature as I like hearing the new releases. The Discover page rarely turns me on to new mus...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Blank Screen on iPhone after latest update.

For some reason after the latesr update of the Spotify app all I get is a blank screen with the gray header (also blank). It stays like that for about 30 seconds then the app dies. I've re-installed the app three times. I am running the latest stable...

• Regular
  • For some reason after the latesr update of the Spotify app all I get is a blank screen with the gray header (also blank). It stays like that for about 30 seconds then the app dies. I've re-installed ...
  • mörkness
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4s
    iOS
    iphone
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you filter playlists offline?

I was just wondering if you can filter playlists that you've downloaded for offline use while offline. One of the main reasons I'm currently using napster over spotify is that I can't easily find specific tracks that I want. So for example, if I've g...

• I was just wondering if you can filter playlists that you've downloaded for offline use while offline. One of the main reasons I'm currently using napster over spotify is that I can't easily find spe...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App on New iPhone shows 48 hour trial

I just replaced my faulty iphone 5, and after installing and logging into the Spotify app, I receive the message that I have 48 hours remaining of my trial. I am a premium user, and I can still access my playlists etc. Will I lose service after the t...

• Casual Listener
  • I just replaced my  faulty iphone 5, and after installing and logging into the Spotify app, I receive the message that I have 48 hours remaining of my trial. I am a premium user, and I can still...
  • theargyll
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify funkar inte på mobilen

Varför funkar inte min premium på mobilen? Pinkoden ogiltig står det!

• Varför funkar inte min premium på mobilen? Pinkoden ogiltig står det!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No song loaded on my display

Ever since I got the iPhone 5 a couple of weeks ago I get a no song loaded on my display and nothing plays through the stereo of my 2012 Nissan Maxima. Suggestions? I pay for this every month only for playing in my car. Now I can't even do that. What...

• Ever since I got the iPhone 5 a couple of weeks ago I get a no song loaded on my display and nothing plays through the stereo of my 2012 Nissan Maxima. Suggestions? I pay for this every month only ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Streaming in Car

This might be a bug but when I stream spotify through my car (2013bmw535) it randomly will pause songs Does Spotify have any plans to make their app compaitible with cars?

• Casual Listener
  • This might be a bug but when I stream spotify through my car (2013bmw535) it randomly will pause songs   Does Spotify have any plans to make their app compaitible with cars? 
  • Skyman1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not working on iPod

I have connected my Ipod to my computer via Spotify to download my playlist, however it does not download the tracks as per my account. Its says it only syncs 'local' files, however all the music on my spotify has been downloaded throught the spotify...

• I have connected my Ipod to my computer via Spotify to download my playlist, however it does not download the tracks as per my account. Its says it only syncs 'local' files, however all the music on ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone app crashes upon opening, 100% of the time

I made ~20 playlist changes (moving/deleting/nesting/etc), added some local files (which I haven't yet set to sync on the iPhone app), and now every time I try to open the iPhone app, it locks after about 5 seconds and then crashes. If I connect to w...

• Regular
  • I made ~20 playlist changes (moving/deleting/nesting/etc), added some local files (which I haven't yet set to sync on the iPhone app), and now every time I try to open the iPhone app, it locks after ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

mobile version doesn't seem to have the same artist list as the pc version

Hi guys. This is the first time I post something here. Hope this can work.. I'd like to know why some artists can be played in the pc version, while when I'm on the iOS version the same playlist is empty. I make an example: The Suburbs of Arcade Fire...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys. This is the first time I post something here. Hope this can work.. I'd like to know why some artists can be played in the pc version, while when I'm on the iOS version the same playlist ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Disappointment in regards to slow syncing

I just recently upgraded my iPhone and thought this would be the perfect time to try out spotify. I downloaded spotify and started adding playlists and syncing them for offline mode. I noticed that syncing for offline mode was taking forever-- 1 albu...

• Casual Listener
  • I just recently upgraded my iPhone and thought this would be the perfect time to try out spotify. I downloaded spotify and started adding playlists and syncing them for offline mode. I noticed that s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on iPad 3

Description The app crasches after 3 seconds every time A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Opened the app What I expected to happen For the app to open What actually happened Crashes My iPad/iPhone model iPad 3 Device’s Operating Sy...

• Visitor
  • Description The app crasches after 3 seconds every time A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Opened the app    What I expected to happen For the app to open &n...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 0.7.1. empty screen ios 6.1

Hi, i have updated my ios Spotify-App to 0.7.1 and now when i start the app i habe just a empty white screen and a black head-bar.I Pay 10 Euro for the premium membership but it doesnt work!!! Delete and new install doesnt work also!I use ios 6.1

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i have updated my ios Spotify-App to 0.7.1 and now when i start the app i habe just a empty white screen and a black head-bar. I Pay 10 Euro for the premium membership but it doesnt work!!! ...
  • bvb1990
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound - next track

Hello,one question. Is there no option to turn off the sound, when you push the ">" or "<" Button on the locked screen?

• Music Fan
  • Hello, one question. Is there no option to turn off the sound, when you push the ">" or "<" Button on the locked screen?
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My app for iOS 4 doesn't work!! - what to do?

Hi I've been using spotify for my Iphone 4 for quite a while now, but after a recent update the music will only occationally play for 30 sec and then stops. Most of the time there's no music at all. I've been trying to reinstall dozens of times - and...

• Hi I've been using spotify for my Iphone 4 for quite a while now, but after a recent update the music will only occationally play for 30 sec and then stops. Most of the time there's no music at all. ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't find or listen to certain music and artist.

I was looking for artist and I can't find them like new Rihanna songs, all I find is like karaoke versions or nothing, I can't find Corrine bailey Rae, lil Boosie is on here but what I want to listen is greyed out and I pay 9.99 for this and I can't ...

• I was looking for artist and I can't find them like new Rihanna songs, all I find is like karaoke versions or nothing, I can't find Corrine bailey Rae, lil Boosie is on here but what I want to liste...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • New Music
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes