Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When Tap Spotify Play Button in Safari on iPad , Leaves Webpage, Goes to Spotify.app

When Tap Spotify Play Button in Safari on iPad , Leaves Webpage, Goes to Spotify.app

When I tap a Spotify Play Button on a website in Safari on my Mac Pro, the track plays, the pause button appears and I stay on the same page.  However when I tap a Spotify Play Button on a website in Safari on my mini-iPad (iOS 6.1.3), the track plays, the webpage closes, Spotify.app opens and the track plays there.  I have to press Home Button, tap Safari to get back to the Website where there is no pause button.  To stop the track, I have to go to Spotify.app, stop and return again to the Website in Safari.  Is this the way it is supposed to be?  Any suggestions to get this to work as it does on the Mac?

1 Reply

@CharlieLePew wrote:

When I tap a Spotify Play Button on a website in Safari on my Mac Pro, the track plays, the pause button appears and I stay on the same page.  However when I tap a Spotify Play Button on a website in Safari on my mini-iPad (iOS 6.1.3), the track plays, the webpage closes, Spotify.app opens and the track plays there.  I have to press Home Button, tap Safari to get back to the Website where there is no pause button.  To stop the track, I have to go to Spotify.app, stop and return again to the Website in Safari.  Is this the way it is supposed to be?  Any suggestions to get this to work as it does on the Mac?

Hi,

This is because the website is coded to tell the device to launch spotify to play the track. So yes that is how it should be, as there isn't an online play feature yet.

Antbony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts