Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why I can't see My Music on an ipad??

Solved!

Why I can't see My Music on an ipad??

Last spotify update is awesome with My music feature (albums, similar to a cd library on a room!). But I wonder why this feature is not showed on an ipad...
149 Replies

Maybe it's only me BUT I DO care about performances. Rdio is an excellent service (been a subscriber for months) but you know why I gave up? Because it's SLOW, and when I say SLOW I mean SLOW. You have to wait seconds before the thack starts playing, no gapless on iOS, no crossfade and so on. Plus they cannot solve a metadata issue...don't want to go any deeper into this but believe me...it'a a pain in the...

Sure UI is beautiful.

What to say? Since I only use an iPhone 6 Plus and a 13" MacBook Pro Retina I'm happy with all so far. Many apps on the iPad are older than running on the iPhone. The only thing are the display adjustments for such a big phone now.

@user-removed wrote:

What to say? Since I only use an iPhone 6 Plus and a 13" MacBook Pro Retina I'm happy with all so far. Many apps on the iPad are older than running on the iPhone. The only thing are the display adjustments for such a big phone now.

Everyone is already happy with the iphone app -- the ipad app is inferior and you can't simply use the iphone on app on your ipad.

Your post is irrelevant to the situation since you don't have an ipad.

I totally agree with you. Read my other comments, too. I used the iPad several years. This is why I decided to use only the iPhone. Whatever. I tried other services as well and their iPad apps are as bad as Spotify.

@user-removed wrote:

I totally agree with you. Read my other comments, too. I used the iPad several years. This is why I decided to use only the iPhone. Whatever. I tried other services as well and their iPad apps are as bad as Spotify.

The Rdio app on ipad is superior and has all the features I want that spotify does not, and more. It has the native feature to  be a remote for your Rdio playing anywhere else on any other device as well as my music and everything else. Far, far superior.

And for those of us without iphone, your willingness to just give up the ipad app is not an option.

Agreed - I came back to Spotify from Rdio last year due to some catalog gaps, but waiting for the iPad app (and some offline quirks hitting me while on long plane rides) I've gone back to Rdio.  Better UI/UX and I can use my iPad fully again.  320 kbps is great, not happy w/ lack of gapless.

Beauty of subscription services - choice!  May end up back at Spotify some day if the development focuses on the things I care about (hint: playing experience on web/desktop/mobile and not various car models, although I'm sure the deals are lucrative).

I'm sure no one from Spotify will see this message, nor care about it's content, but that's your choice as a SERVICE business driven by CUSTOMER SATISFACTION...

I've been a Spotify Premium user for 2 years, and I've probably refered and convinced 15-20 people to sign up for Premium in that time as well. I'm about to cancel my subscription based on the lack of equality of features between devices. I'm sick of using hacks to get what I need, such as creating albums as playllists. You were the ones that changed that paridigm when you updated SOME of your device apps.

The fact that you would create a set of features that do not translate to all platforms your users utilize for your service is mind-boggling at best, and purely negligent at worst. I realize you have a nice market share today of the streaming music landscape, but decisions like this will change that.

Whomever's decision it was to roll out this My Music feature before it could properly be utilized on all devices should be fired.

Best of luck getting back to what you once were.

Sincerely,

A FORMER long-time Premium Spotify subscriber, now exploring Rdio.

I recently purchased an iPad Air 2 and cannot get spotify to load.  I've downloaded the ap.  I am a premium user and use it often on my iPhone and laptop without issues.  Please advise in layman terms as I am not very techno savvy.  Thanks.

@brownjewel 

Welcome to the community forums!

The developers have been working on an update for the iPad app.

Hopefully it will be working for you soon. Hang in there.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Matt, you've been promising soon for months. Half-Life 3 will be released sooner at this point.

Do we have any idea when this update for iPad ap will be up and running?   I am very disappointed Spotify doesn't work on my iPad, as listening to music is one of the main reasons I purchased my iPad.

For real???

Terrible support for iPad!! Shameful.

it is too late for me. my favourite is now DEEZER. but how about you guys. are you kidding because this just a company and you don't have to pay for a bad cumstomer care like that they don't care about their customers. they don't have a plan for ipad they explained. i think you just want to belive like a belief. they don't have to do an app for ipad. i recommend you there are a lot of chicks at the outside. just let give them a try...

Hmm. So my e-mail feed for this thread had updates from MattSuda saying the iPad version will be released with MyMusic today. When asked if that was real, he said "for real". But now those messages appear to have been deleted from this thread. 

None of this is reflecting well on Spotify.

are you troll???

I admit, I spoke too soon after seeing early tweets from Spotify Twitter accounts in Asia.

Check for the official iPad announcement later today.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Matt wasn't joking. Just went out on @Spotify 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Too litte, too late in my situation. I already switched to another service.

It's a Halloween miracle! My music is there. I will upgrade to premium today.

Suggested posts