Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can I only have 3333 songs offline on one device?

Solved!

Why can I only have 3333 songs offline on one device?

*If you don't want to read the full story, skip to the three stars at the bottom*

Hello everyone!
I would like an explanation to why I can only have 3333 songs offline on one device?
The main reason why I use and pay for Spotify is just to have songs offline on my Ipod touch.
I have recently gone above 4000 songs in total on my account - and I would like them ALL to be offline on my Ipod.
Honestly, this is quite pissing me off... Spotify is really great, but why should I continue to pay if I can't even listen to all my songs on my device/account?

Before anyone writes "Hey! You can only listen to one song at a time" or "You don't even need over 3333 songs" - I write this to you all:
I'm a music addict! That's why I want to have more than just 3333 songs!

***So - long story short: Why can I only have 3333 songs offline on one device - and/or can/will this be fixed in the nearby future!?!?!?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Right now Spotify limits offline songs to 3333 per device.

If you want them to get rif of this limit, add a kudo to this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Get-rid-of-the-3-333-offline-song-limit/idi-p/70621

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Right now Spotify limits offline songs to 3333 per device.

If you want them to get rif of this limit, add a kudo to this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Get-rid-of-the-3-333-offline-song-limit/idi-p/70621

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've seen so many post opened for this reason, and I felt the urge to say something as well.

Everybody talks about this unnatural limitation "10,000 songs over 3 devices"... but when somebody says "but I use only one device..." suddendly everything gets darker and nobody seem to have the answer. Well, it should be easy enough : premium users should be able to decide how many device to use, and the limitation should be imposed just on that information. Why should i pay for 6666 songs i will never download on other devices? 

So, this is what happened to me. I love music, I am a musician and I'm currently studying audio engineering. I get thag you ave deals with record labels etc.. but seriously, this limit is getting people really angry. I think spotify is a great service, and for this reason I decided a couple of weeks ago "alright, I'll move all of the songs from my music library to spotify, and I'll become a premium user, because I wanna discover always new music. So first, it took me like one whole week just to change my nationality... because of the site, that wouldn't allow me to change this setting. After that, i became a premium member, and yesterday I spent almost 5 hours to bring all my library to spotify. Eventually I managed to do that... and I started downloading the songs. This morning when I woke up, I had this horrible revelation "you're paying to have only 3333 songs offline". I was so disappointed.. all this time making projects about spotify, was planning to make my membership permanent, and use only music from spotify. Well, I guess I was wrong.. there had to be a trick somewhere. And know here I am, I can't even synch my old music library, let alone downloading new albums!! 

I was going to be one of your most loyal subscribers... But now I know I won't be using this service for more than this month. A music application that impose a 3333 tracks limitation is like a car that you can drive just for 3333 miles. 

Now smartphones are coming with a lot of space, and more and more people will feel the need of having the songs physically in their phones. I hope you will reconsider your deals with recording labels because I know that recenlty you're already having complaints from them, as a lot of people are free members. Well, if you want to reach more premium subscribers... this is a great place to start.

Good bye, Spotify.

spotify PLEASE fix this, or else i am going somewhere else too. 

I was basically forced to come to spotify, as microsoft was no longer running their music store. Now I figured at the time, that it was about the same price, so I switched. However I see everything I am missing, with your half baked app. 

With Groove on Microsoft mobile 10  we had unlimited downloads, it displayed the number of tracks and with a tap of an icon whilst playing music, we were given the music video as well, not to mention our music was also sync'd on up to 10 devices.

I wrongly (obviously) assumed that we would be getting at least the same level of service, but how wrong could I have been. Quite honestly, if I didnt know better I would think that spotify was a new startup and had only just started business.

Spotify get you act together. I should be able to download as many tracks as I want and be able to play them on the devices I choose. This idea of only 3333 track per device is crazy and then just because you download an album it adds an uses an extra track ( download 10 tracks from 1 album which then becomes 11 tracks basically for a bit of artwork) you lot have to be kidding.

Its no wonder you have so many free users, instead of premium customers. Why am I paying almost $12 for less than half the service that I had, expecially when Microsoft was cheaper anyway.

I agree. I would like to add around 7,000 songs from CD's I purchased and ripped and play them through the Spotify app. The only way to do it is to make a giant playlist with all these songs with no sort function. Spotify's answer is that they have an extensive music library so just download the same music from them except that won't work because of the 3,300 song per device limit. I could probably live with a 10,000 song limit if it was on a single device. I don't understand the logic of splitting the limit between 3 devices. I've switched from Apple Music to Spotify but if this isn't changed I am out of here as well and back to Apple Music that does this seamlessly. The only reason I switched now is because of the purchase of a wireless speaker that works with Spotify connect but not Apple Music.

Suggested posts