Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Google Home Mini and Spotify

I have Spotify but I am trying to connect my account to my google home mini and it won't. The webpage just doesn't load and Google won't play from Spotify. It will play from my original Google home, which is under a different email address but the sa...

• I have Spotify but I am trying to connect my account to my google home mini and it won't. The webpage just doesn't load and Google won't play from Spotify.    It will play from my origina...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search function not working on old iPod

My old iPod touch has just started to do this whenever I try to search. The offline things work ok, but anything I haven't downloaded already can't be found. It isn't an internet issue, as google still works. Any solutions?

• My old iPod touch has just started to do this whenever I try to search. The offline things work ok, but anything I haven't downloaded already can't be found. It isn't an internet issue, as google sti...
  • paulf57
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with headphones

Hello !! I really wanna know if I'm the only person that have this problem.Every time I put my headphones Spotify gets crazy and passes the song alone or stops the music. It's very annoyng thing because I can't listen to my music as I want.So if anyo...

• Regular
  • Hello !! I really wanna know if I'm the only person that have this problem. Every time I put my headphones Spotify gets crazy and passes the song alone or stops the music. It's very annoyng thing ...
  • aada2011
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes

iOS 11.2.1 Spotify wont stream without Wi-Fi

BackgroundiOS: 11.2.1Carrier: RogersAccount: Non-Premium(Free) I use to be able to stream normally on my iPhone until recently where apple pushed multiple updates. Now I dont know if this is Spotify, Apple or my carrier Rogers who is causing this iss...

• Background iOS: 11.2.1 Carrier: Rogers Account: Non-Premium(Free)   I use to be able to stream normally on my iPhone until recently where apple pushed multiple updates. Now I dont know if t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App Doesnt Work

A couple of days ago i have to restore my iphone, before that the spotify app work whitout problems, the thing is that i download it again and now it donest let me play any song even i log in whit my account, i use the spotify web and everything work...

• A couple of days ago i have to restore my iphone, before that the spotify app work whitout problems, the thing is that i download it again and now it donest let me play any song even i log in whit my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

all I’ve downloaded has disappeared

all I downloaded disappeared and it won’t let me download again. What can I do ? I am paying for my account not to work.

• all I downloaded disappeared and it won’t let me download again. What can I do ? I am paying for my account not to work. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't let me search

Whenever I try to search for music on my spotify on my iPhone it says "oops something went wrong" and then underneath there is a try again button but when I press it nothing happens. I am connected to good wifi and I have even deleted the app then re...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to search for music on my spotify on my iPhone it says "oops something went wrong" and then underneath there is a try again button but when I press it nothing happens. I am connected t...
  • Yanabalmaceda
  • Casual Listener
  • 83 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 83 replies
  • 7 likes

Songs getting stuck in a saved playlist

I have premium and whenever I shuffle one of the playlists that I have saved, the song will end and, but the next song won't play. I have tried to unsave and redownload all my playlists and the issue still persists. iPhone 6s IOS 11.2.1

• I have premium and whenever I shuffle one of the playlists that I have saved, the song will end and, but the next song won't play. I have tried to unsave and redownload all my playlists and the issue...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error occurs when searching

Error has occurred when you immediately start to search for anything. Currently unable to search for songs, titles or artists via the App. And I just signed up for the Family account and can’t use Spotify. not a good first experience so far.

• Error has occurred when you immediately start to search for anything. Currently unable to search for songs, titles or artists via the App. And I just signed up for the Family account and can’t use Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Search Anything

I can't search anything in the search bar. If I do, there is a message that says, An error occurred please try again. I have tried again, and it still doesn't work. I've looked through the suggestions on this webpage and yes, I have restarted the dev...

• I can't search anything in the search bar. If I do, there is a message that says, An error occurred please try again. I have tried again, and it still doesn't work. I've looked through the suggestion...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album radio

I accidently deleted two songs from my favorite album radio. Does anyone know how I can get them back in the list?

• I accidently deleted two songs from my favorite album radio. Does anyone know how I can get them back in the list?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with Using iphone as a remote.

Helloo.Ive been listening spotify for long time from my macbook and using iphone and watch to control volume, skip songs and so on..But now im having problem that after some time if spotify is running in background, my phones control center doesnt ha...

• Helloo. Ive been listening spotify for long time from my macbook and using iphone and watch to control volume, skip songs and so on.. But now im having problem that after some time if spotify is ru...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist with local files appears empty

There are several other threads discussing syncing local files with iphone but I haven't managed to solve my problem. I have created on desktop version 2 different playlists each with different local files (.mp3 / not protected). Then on my iphone, w...

• There are several other threads discussing syncing local files with iphone but I haven't managed to solve my problem. I have created on desktop version 2 different playlists each with different local...
  • chromoprinter
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Music randomly pausing!

So i recently switched to iOS and enjoy using spotify for my musical needs, except sometimes when I'm playing music, it will just randomly pause. To fix it I just need to hit play again but sometimes it will immediatley pause right after, or wait a f...

• Regular
  • So i recently switched to iOS and enjoy using spotify for my musical needs, except sometimes when I'm playing music, it will just randomly pause. To fix it I just need to hit play again but sometimes...
  • CraziestVoices
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • paused music
    pausing
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

HUGE problem with ANDROID AUTOPLAY. WTH. how to play a song in my Playlist .

Ok so i recently got a 2018 civic and started using android autoplay. I like it so far but there is one huge huge annoying **bleep** problem with spotify... I might sound a little upset so sorry in advance.. ok... Literally its annoying as **bleep**....

• Casual Listener
  • Ok so i recently got a 2018 civic and started using android autoplay.  I like it so far but there is one huge huge annoying **bleep** problem with spotify... I might sound a little upset so sorr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen shot of Spotify on my iPhone

Spoiler (Highlight to read) Can anyone help me to fix this? It looks like this on all of my Spotify pages. Thanks!

•   Can anyone help me to fix this?  It looks like this on all of my Spotify pages. Thanks! 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says "no storage space left" while I have plenty of space on my iPhone.

Every time I try downloading an album in the Spotify app it tells me I have no storage space left ("All filled up - Epic collection friend. There's no more room in Your Library. To save more, you'll need to remove some songs or albums."). I do have 1...

• Every time I try downloading an album in the Spotify app it tells me I have no storage space left ("All filled up - Epic collection friend. There's no more room in Your Library. To save more, you'll ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Removal of downloads does not work

When I switch off the download button to inactive all downloaded songs are still downloaded. there is no way to remove them from the iphone through the app. The problem is I reached the maximum amount of downloadable songs.

• Visitor
  • When I switch off the download button to inactive all downloaded songs are still downloaded. there is no way to remove them from the iphone through the app.   The problem is I reached the maxi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    remove
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs stopping after 1sec when offline

HiI am new to Spotify premium. I only use it on my iPhone 8. Some songs are stopping after 1sec when playing offline even though I downloaded them while on wifi so could play them offline. It seems to be only the songs I imported that were already on...

• Hi I am new to Spotify premium. I only use it on my iPhone 8.   Some songs are stopping after 1sec when playing offline even though I downloaded them while on wifi so could play them  of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer local files without wifi

Hello all! Recently the local files on my iphone 5 have 'greyed out' randomly and only songs on spotify have remained playable online and offline. I searched this problem and it seems to be a bug. I have reinstalled the app just to start fresh but he...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all!   Recently the local files on my iphone 5 have 'greyed out' randomly and only songs on spotify have remained playable online and offline. I searched this problem and it seems to b...
  • rvassel19
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes